PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   New problem - slow response (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104823)

djqwikcut 01-05-2010 07:12 PM

New problem - slow response

Just started having this problem today and I hope someone can help.. Out of nowhere, the TP2 gets really slow.. you slide your finger along the TF3D menu and it takes a while to respond.. get to mail and click an account and you see the letter flip in slow motion... then when yoy get into the email, its really show.. going into APPS are slow as well.. a soft reset fixes this and then a few minutes later it comes back again. I having installed anything new. This is the stop Sprint TP2 ROM with the cleanup cab and a few mods I have been running for a few months without any issues.... Any help would be appreciated. Is there some utility I can use to see what is causing the slowness??

HELP!! Thanks...

djqwikcut 01-05-2010 07:23 PM

Re: New problem - slow response

Well, I think I have narrowed it down to when I am in the car and hooked up to the bluetooth garmin with speaker phone... what would cause this? Im going to keep an eye on the phone tonight but so far its still responsive...

clueless25 01-05-2010 07:38 PM

which rom are you on, i've been having this problem but think its a memory issue

jimmyz 01-05-2010 07:41 PM

I hope this isn't the same problem seen here I have been through 2 hard resets (see here) and do not want to have to do another!

djqwikcut 01-05-2010 07:42 PM

I am on the stock sprint rom but using the TP2 cleanup, the radar weather tab, the TMOBILE CLock, 1% battery driver and a few others.. all has been working for months.. this just started today BUT it was happening when I was in the car connected to the garmin GPS with speaker phone... now that I am inside without being connected to bluetooth its OK.. the bluetoth has been working OK (except for the disconnect issue and a few issues with the way it reads the phone book) but today this started.... any ideas?

TheBundo 01-07-2010 01:21 AM

Try re-pairing the Bluetooth items, and if that doesn't work, hard resets are super easy if you have been doing a nightly backup with SPB Backup. I have mine set to save the previous 15 nights of backups, plus I have some extra ones saved from throughout the months.

Try that.............

djqwikcut 01-11-2010 10:21 AM

it is the bluetooth stack doing this.. I found a registry hack to fix the bluetooth connectivity issues (not all of them) and the phone doesnt slow down anymore...

BeefJerky 01-18-2010 07:20 AM

Please post a link to this registry hack. Thanks!