PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VERIZON

joeramirez is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who's getting Nexus One?

I wasn't that interested until I saw that VZ will have it in the spring. T-Mobile will have for $179 with 2 year contract. If my wife allows me, I might make the switch.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: Who's getting Nexus One?

What's so special about it compared to the other android phones? Besides VZW will figure out a way to cripple the device.

Last edited by kevmo1965; 01-05-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

no keyboard = not a worthy phone
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

it looks a little too much like the hero, eris, and my touch.... it does have a 5mp camera and the 1ghz processor which would be smoking with android but i think i'm going to wait until a full keyboard comes out (though swype could convert me).

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo1965 View Post
What's so special about it compared to the other android phones? Besides VZW will figure out a way to cripple the device.
oh because they did it so bad to the touch pro 2/imagio/hero/moto droid

I will look up to the top of this forum and see that android will be on our devices...do I need another android device? NOPE
Old 01-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Why again is this in the TP2 forum? Android is too beta as far as Internet browsing goes and other app's. I didnt like the hero too too much.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this really doesn't belong here
Old 01-05-2010, 04:48 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
Why again is this in the TP2 forum? Android is too beta as far as Internet browsing goes and other app's. I didnt like the hero too too much.

Too beta... cant agree with you on that one having handled a droid. And honestly the apps they're getting are apps WE arent.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I'm with everyone else, I don't know what makes this phone so special compared to the other droids? Once Sprint gives out the update to 2.1, I would probably rather have a hero (I mean if i even wanted a droid)
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I'm with everyone else, I don't know what makes this phone so special compared to the other droids? Once Sprint gives out the update to 2.1, I would probably rather have a hero (I mean if i even wanted a droid)
I am guessing it's mostly due to the 1Ghz processor and the screen upgrade (3.7" AMOLED @ 480x800). The hero's downgrade in screen size and resolution from the TP2 is really quite noticeable.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2