PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

mikeszekely is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who's getting Nexus One?

The Nexus One is good-looking hardware... but I'm still not a fan of Android, and the Nexus One doesn't even have Sense.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

whetzel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Nothing types faster!
I agree.

I personally would have a VERY hard time justifying a phone purchase without a physical keyboard. And it's not just because I'm "not use to" a virtual keyboard either. I owned a Samsung Omnia for almost a year and I absolutely hated texting on that phone.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:25 PM
N00b

mikeszekely is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whetzel View Post
I agree.

I personally would have a VERY hard time justifying a phone purchase without a physical keyboard. And it's not just because I'm "not use to" a virtual keyboard either. I owned a Samsung Omnia for almost a year and I absolutely hated texting on that phone.
Was your touch screen as bad as mine? I couldn't type the number 1 or the letter A at all if the screen was using a portrait orientation. I was more or less relying on xt9 to figure out what I mean, and I wound up so frustrated that I kept the Omnia for all of nine months before I couldn't take it anymore and bought my Touch Pro2.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeszekely View Post
Was your touch screen as bad as mine? I couldn't type the number 1 or the letter A at all if the screen was using a portrait orientation. I was more or less relying on xt9 to figure out what I mean, and I wound up so frustrated that I kept the Omnia for all of nine months before I couldn't take it anymore and bought my Touch Pro2.
if its not a capacitive screen and imho snapdragon processor, on screen keyboards do suck. xt9 is a great enhancement and actually allows some people to type faster than with an actual keyboard. With that being said hd2 is the only way to go. Nexus is not happening.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im skipping this phone for sure.windows mobile has been to good to me.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

whetzel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeszekely View Post
Yes. Mine was pretty bad.

A friend of mine bought an Omnia shortly after I bought mine and his was the same way. A few months later he took a swim with it and had to turn it over to the insurance to get a new one. His new one was MUCH better (I've heard they changed the screens part way through the life cycle), but it still wasn't nearly as good as the screen on the Touch Pro 2.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 PM
N00b

mikeszekely is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whetzel View Post
Yes. Mine was pretty bad.

A friend of mine bought an Omnia shortly after I bought mine and his was the same way. A few months later he took a swim with it and had to turn it over to the insurance to get a new one. His new one was MUCH better (I've heard they changed the screens part way through the life cycle), but it still wasn't nearly as good as the screen on the Touch Pro 2.
I've noticed that the screen on the TP2 seems a lot better. I've had no trouble typing what I wanted with it when I was too lazy to slide out the keyboard to type something short. For typing anything more than a name into my contacts, though, nothing beats that hardware keyboard. Even if I could get a phone that did everything I wanted with a super responsive capacitive screen, I'd still want a hardware keyboard.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im a windows guy... if i could change from droid to windows on the same phone i would be ok with that... but i cant just have droid.

nothing wrong with it i guess. i just like to change things

Old 01-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I admit I like the hardware designs of Android phones, but I just don't see the whole appeal of android itself.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 01-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I actually was strongly considering this phone, but as reflected here it's gotta have a hardware keyboard and I probably won't be leaving Sprint anytime soon. I know people can claim all day which type of keyboard is faster, but I have learned to type most things without looking at my keyboard because I can feel it. That is the difference that no onscreen keyboard can makeup for.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2