PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Owner/My Information Screen - TP1 Style...

(currently running MightyROM 1/4/10 - but had the same issue with Sprint stock)

When using the TP1, I used to make use of the "Owner Information" (to include notes) to display my name, work phone, and a "return my phone to me" message in the notes section when it was brought out of sleep mode. It always poped up as the "My Information" screen with the "my information" title on a green background and then my name, phone number, and the notes on a white background. All of this information preceeded the PIN unlock screen preventing people from accessing my phone etc (unless they were smart enough to hard reset it).

With my TP2 I have not been able to find the settings to do this. Has this been taken out? Is there a cab to bring it back or something that provides a similar form of security? Alternatively, is there a tweak I can do to have this information display on the slide lock screen?

While searching the forums for a similar issue, I found a picture that kind of had that screen I am talking about:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1244105122
Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: uscc

dude420420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Owner/My Information Screen - TP1 Style...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
(currently running MightyROM 1/4/10 - but had the same issue with Sprint stock)

When using the TP1, I used to make use of the "Owner Information" (to include notes) to display my name, work phone, and a "return my phone to me" message in the notes section when it was brought out of sleep mode. It always poped up as the "My Information" screen with the "my information" title on a green background and then my name, phone number, and the notes on a white background. All of this information preceeded the PIN unlock screen preventing people from accessing my phone etc (unless they were smart enough to hard reset it).

With my TP2 I have not been able to find the settings to do this. Has this been taken out? Is there a cab to bring it back or something that provides a similar form of security? Alternatively, is there a tweak I can do to have this information display on the slide lock screen?

While searching the forums for a similar issue, I found a picture that kind of had that screen I am talking about:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1244105122
It was taken out for whatever reason. I have attached the cab file to bring owner information back. I believe you need to soft reset after the install.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Owner_WM65_HTC.cab (1.0 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, so I have installed the cab file and reset my phone (turned it off an off rather than pushed the reset button)....now what? lol
Old 01-05-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
Ok, so I have installed the cab file and reset my phone (turned it off an off rather than pushed the reset button)....now what? lol
Owner information appears under Start -> Settings -> All Settings -> Personal -> Owner information
Old 01-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

i had owner info there before i installed your cab. however my issue now is that i cant get the info to show up like i did with the TP1
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

In owner information there is a tab called options. You can check Indentification information and Notes. You have to have text in the Notes tab before you can check it. After a soft reset my owner info appeared before loading up sense ui. Locking the phone i dont see the owner info anywhere.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

im guessing then that ill just have to find another way to achieve what i want todo. i have info in both notes and identification tabs, but i do not have an options tab at all. in any case if you are saying that the info only shows after a soft reset it wont do me any good anyway =/.

i think ill start to look into a tweak for the slide lock or PIN input screen where i can put the info i want. in the meantime i think as a work around ill schedule a daily recurring event in my cal that shows the msg i want at the slide lock screen. thanks for trying though!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work

*Bump* this needs to be fixed!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

bump

Cliff Notes of the thread: we have owner information enabled but do not know how to get the identification and notes info to display on screen wakeup. I was wondering if anyone still running a 6.1 ROM could list the registry entries under

HKLM/CONTROLPANEL/OWNER

I have 2 keys, 'Group' and 'Hide'. Is there anything else listed on a 6.1 ROM? i saw this fix here for the Calendar snooze options so it makes me think there are registry entries in stock 6.1 that arent on 6.5...maybe there is a 'Show' dword or something that we need to add in?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:57 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Go from the start menu to Settings then click the Personal tab then click Owner Information. Then input your info. Then click on the Notes tab at the bottom to add notes. Then click on the Options tab at the bottom and check Display on Startup and/or Display notes.
Also, to show on wakeup you must have the lock enabled and the option selected to display owner info when the lockscreen is shown.

Last edited by horndoctor; 08-21-2010 at 04:02 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2