PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!
Carrier: Sprint

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Angry Hotfile blocking Sprint user's, Attn Energy user's. 2 workarounds.

As many/some or very few people may know, Sprint is blocking access to www.hotfile.com on all Sprint phone's, this does not work for Wifi Tethering, Internet sharing, Connection card's or ANY Sprint phone on P.I.E. (Pocket Internet Explorer) it can still be accessed on the other Internet browser, Which I do not want to list as it may also be blocked as well. As we all may know, or now you do, This is where the Energy Rom's are located and downloaded from, I have tested many Sprint phone's even a test phone at a Sprint store and they all do not work.
Edit: It seems that Hotfile has actually blocked all Sprint phones from thier server's. My guess is we use too much Bandwidth for their server's. There are two work around's for this:
1)You can still access Hotfile frthe newly updated Skyfire browser. The older version has not been tested.
or
2)You can copy and paste Nrg's location for the Rom's at www.ninjacloak.com. This site enables private Internet browsing and I have tested this and it worked.
If there are any other fixes can you please post and I will copy the link location on this thread.

Last edited by Rafy0003; 01-01-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint blocking certain webiste's: Hotfile.com

Suppose the EnergyROM is one of the main reasons it's blocked...that is definitely funny. I will be interested to see how this pans out.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!
Threadstarter

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: Sprint blocking certain webiste's: Hotfile.com

Yes I have actually heard this as well, But did not actually want to say this as these are just unproved Rumor's. It is very stupid on Sprint's side to do something like this. But if they are trying to blackball Energy Rom's then you also have to block all the other's as well. It seem's that Nrg is doing something correctly, and I am a big fan of his Rom's.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint blocking certain webiste's: Hotfile.com Attn Energy User's

I wouldn't think it would be his ROM specific...just the amount of data that is used to download the gazillion ROM updates he makes.. They're over 100MB a pop now, aren't they? Adds up to a lot of data being used every month! Not to mention all the other large files a person can download from that site.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

starcastic is a n00b

That doesn't really make any sense for them to do, not specific to ROMs anyway. I cant imagine a substantial number of people are downloading those via Hotfile directly to their phone in the first place. In a broader sense it certainly makes more sense (and isnt terribly uncommon) for providers to block filesharing domains, especially providers with a physically restricted, finite amount of bandwidth available like WISPs.

Last edited by starcastic; 01-01-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

I highly doubt Sprint gives a rip about custom roms and is blocking that specific site.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

anyone know the dns servers for our sprint phones? I'd like to see a dig from those servers for hotfile.com
Old 01-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Instead of Sprint maybe Hotfile is blocking Sprint phones from there site, Due to hundreads of MB of data downloaded for free.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: :alltell

kbythwood03 is a n00b

hey sprint told me hotfile did a update that blocked us ,can u pm me the browers u were talking about "thank a mill"
Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

pspbyer is just getting started
Re: Hotfile blocking Sprint user's, Attn Energy user's. 2 workarounds.

i could not use ninja cloak or skyfire could someone link from somewhere else

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2