PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Come On Sprint Wheres My Windows Mobile 6.5 Upgrade!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowmilau View Post
custom roms are nice and all but i really need my phone 2 b just that A PHONE. I cant be in a meeting and have the thing crash on me, or out with a client and some random error happens. the customs are nice 2 play around with but im finding i have less and less time so im done with custom roms
I thought I might be the only person with this opinion. I don't have the time or energy to mess with custom ROMS. I need the phone to work as-is.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I agree with those saying the custom rom's are as good or better(mostly better). I have the 6.5 verizon oem rom on my imagio and honestly the imagio is basically the tp2 without the slider.
I've had many cooked roms on my tp2, currently running mm"s war, (very nice). My point is the oem release will be a major anticimactical disappointment for anyone who's sampled the cooked goodness already. It's the same thing only loaded with factory verizon crap that needs removing first. Once that's done, it's a great running 6.5 rom, but I can't really say it's any better than most of the chef's works.
So, I'd advise anyone waiting, to forget about it, start sampling the rom smorgasbord and if you must , then when the oem is released try it out, but trust me when I tell you IMHO it will be a bit of a let down. I currently am looking forward to getting the imagio unlocked and start (hopefully) seeing some cooked roms for that device. I love the imagio, but miss the custom roms so I'm basically back and forth alot.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

anybody saying stock roms are better are not correct. If someone wants to make a custom rom and leave everything stock but remove some useless programs then it will work better then the stock rom. The reason custom don't always work that well is because people always want the latest and greatest and sometimes those programs are stable. But to create a stock 6.5 rom with htc sense 2.1 and have it more stable then sprints or verizons rom is extremely easy to do by any chef or anyone using a simple kitchen.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-06-2010, 03:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

WitnessX is just getting started

Y'know, I tried my lady's Samsung Intrepid with the 6.5, and I gotta say I wasn't crazy about the interface. The Programs menu is a mess when scattered 3 across, and offset. I didn't read into the 6.5 benefits much. Is it really going to make a difference?
Old 01-06-2010, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessX View Post
Is it really going to make a difference?
Nope.

And as everyone said, 6.5 ROMs are pretty stable at this point. I know Mighty built his off the USC official 6.5 ROM. Mine works 100% Never crashes, never locks up. Its a thing of beauty.

As for Sprint, they've always said to expect it in January/February.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Ok so when i go to downloading a custom ROM i am doing it from my phone an i get an error message when i try to open it up. I was trying to DL one of MIGHTYs ROMs so do i Sync it or am i doing something wrong?
Old 01-06-2010, 04:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

1. connect phone via usb

2. run unlocker(if you havent already

3 dl and run MR from the computer

4 enjoy

Last edited by subzero1313; 01-06-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP

yes...I suggest that you flash your first ROM thru your computer...actually MORE straight forward for the "novice" flasher...

the phone (STOCK) works JUST fine out of the box. For those of you that don't want to or don't have a desire to mess with custom ROMs that's your perogative.

most of the 6.5 ROMs that are out now are extremely stable...and someone already mentioned that a clean 6.5 ROM with the bare basics cooked in is more responsive and light weight than the stock 6.1 that came preloaded on the phone.

For me...I'm one turning into one of those bleeding edge geeker that despite the bugs will rather run a 6.5.X ROM over the 6.5. By the time 6.5 OFFICIALLY hit for Sprint...I suspect I'll be wanting an eary build of WinMo7 (if 6.5.X is not already that.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2