PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   proximity sensor (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104712)

reyrey127 01-05-2010 01:48 AM

proximity sensor

has anyone noticed that sometimes when you take your face away from the phone, the proximity sensor blinks the screen once before coming back on fully...

i just noticed it today.. is my prox sensor broken??

thanks.

gutrrob 01-05-2010 02:12 AM

Re: proximity sensor

Not here but I do notice when I'm on a call, if I pull my face away for a slit second my screen will turn on but wont turn back off. I need to give it a full second, It may be due to polling intervals.

pesok 01-05-2010 02:12 AM

havent noticed that, but i have noticed that on some custom ROMs that functionality is disable completely, so might just be your ROM

reyrey127 01-05-2010 02:24 AM

i am stock rom...

could it be my magnetic case.. could that have jacked up the proximity sensor.. i have an HTC case from best buy though...

is it possible my proximity sensor is jacked up???

pesok 01-05-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyrey127 (Post 1461681)
i am stock rom...

could it be my magnetic case.. could that have jacked up the proximity sensor.. i have an HTC case from best buy though...

is it possible my proximity sensor is jacked up???

it is possible but also could be some 3rd party soft interfering with it, does it happen on fresh flash? Or flash Mighty Mikes ROM(his ROMs always have all sensors working at top condition(not to say that other ROM do not)). If there is something wrong with your sensor itself - TP2 has a one year warranty so you dont need a TEP plan to have that problem fixed(they will do fresh flash anyways first if problem is confirmed). Also i remember there was a registry setting to disable proximity sensor as well, searh here for the setting - you(or some other app) could have messed with it

reyrey127 01-05-2010 02:53 AM

this is stock.. i haven't flashed anything.. i just got this phone last week on the 31..

it was working fine before... shoot..

lipidfats 01-05-2010 03:07 AM

I havent noticed any blinking before the screen turns back on. It just comes back on. And then turns off if i cover the sensor again.

If it's only happening to you sometimes maybe you have something installed thats cause it to stutter??

reyrey127 01-05-2010 03:16 AM

for some reason now it is working perfectly again... perhaps my face grease screwed it up???? hahaha.. i don;t know...

reyrey127 01-05-2010 03:17 AM

could the magnet be the culprit???

can a magnet affect the proximity sensor???

t0mmyr 01-05-2010 03:19 AM

u had the phone for 5 days now, its time to flash