PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T Mobile

uaguilar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what happened to Yahoo/AIM Messenger?

at the worst time when im trying to communicate with someone who only had yahoo it totally shut down on me and no longer works. even after "rebooting". it now says yahoo is disabled and asks whether or not to enable it? but it wont let me choose yes or no either way. this really messed up my plans today. i wannnnnted to return this phone today.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: what happened to Yahoo/AIM Messenger?

have you ever used YAHOO messenger through opera mini?? ITs pretty fast but it doesnt look so pretty. I've never been able to use the the yahoo mssngr app always get connection errors.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Carrier: T Mobile
Threadstarter

uaguilar is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAByteZ View Post
have you ever used YAHOO messenger through opera mini?? ITs pretty fast but it doesnt look so pretty. I've never been able to use the the yahoo mssngr app always get connection errors.
I have opera mini beta 5.. uh.. i didn't know it would work.. too damn late now.. i do get a lot of error messages with the yahoo
Old 01-05-2010, 03:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

rincon1 is a n00b

I have Juicy's rom and it seems that he took out the yahoo messenger program.
Can you guys tell me how to get that old program back? or is there another better alternative program that has yahoo messenger?

thanks!

ps: btw, I hate those web-base messenger such as meebo, etc.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:12 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I'm just curious... but does anyone is here ever really considered or even heard of instant messaging programs lol..IM+ you get 7 days free to test out, after that you can by a lifetime code for 39.99$ or you can use Palringo, which is pretty neat for basic users, and there is fring too I believe.

hit thanks if my post helped and feel free to message me.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 =D
Carrier: Sprint

zangetsu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to zangetsu Send a message via Yahoo to zangetsu

why would i pay to use free messengers? no way
Old 01-05-2010, 04:23 AM
@Febby or @iFebby

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by zangetsu View Post
why would i pay to use free messengers? no way
Use Palringo, its free bro.... I believe fring it free too, not sure though never really used it. the one you pay for is IM+ only, its well worth the money i can tell you that =] a lot of neat useful features for hardcore IM'ers. otherwise use palringo or so on, there free.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: metro pcs

slr916ek9 is keeping up the good workslr916ek9 is keeping up the good work

2 good messengers are palringo and beejive..free to!..i wouldnt pay extra for the features to add my avatar on aim lol..or add emotion smileys or something..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:48 AM
@Febby or @iFebby

Quote:
Originally Posted by slr916ek9 View Post
2 good messengers are palringo and beejive..free to!..i wouldnt pay extra for the features to add my avatar on aim lol..or add emotion smileys or something..
Hit thanks for you yes and beejive as he said! I knew i was not remembering something... must be since I'm up excited to get my tp2 tomorrow via insurance ahaha, and at that paying extra for avatar feature, pshhh who pays for that?!?! I paid for IM+ mainly push and keep connected via exit and the fact sprint sold it to me for 20$ and then IM+ gave me a IM+ code free =]
Old 01-05-2010, 05:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: metro pcs

slr916ek9 is keeping up the good workslr916ek9 is keeping up the good work

hey thanks! yea both very good ones very updated and the skins and everything is almost the same as pc...oh really man you gonna love the tp2 if its your first time having it..and compare from touch pro..screen is huge!! lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2