PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Using phone as modem, help!!!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104679)

babyjordin23 01-04-2010 10:45 PM

Using phone as modem, help!!!!!!

I have downloaded plenty of cabs that suppose to make my phone an hotspot for wifi, and plenty of cabs that lets me use it as a modem for my computer, i haven't had any luck with any of them, am i doin somethin wrong, can somebody please help me ](*,)

Ice Cold 01-04-2010 10:53 PM

Re: Using phone as modem, help!!!!!!

i need help also tethering on Sprint and a good reg editor.

wampuscat 01-04-2010 11:00 PM

gonna have to be a little more specific how u tried ro use these cabs. u also have to disable CMguardian. it reverts all these settings back to default after a soft reset. also try opening a browser first, then running connection sharing. what's happening when u run the programs? is your phone makin a data connection? need more info

InsomniacJedi 01-04-2010 11:03 PM

Flash to Mighty Rom. All I did was plug it into the computer and it worked as a modem just fine.

Ice Cold 01-04-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsomniacJedi (Post 1461162)
Flash to Mighty Rom. All I did was plug it into the computer and it worked as a modem just fine.

Yeah but you can only install Mighty ROM if you phone is Unlocked.

#1. How do you unlock your phone or see if its even locked.

#2. How do you Re-flash back to the Stock Sprint ROM?

wampuscat 01-04-2010 11:09 PM

flashing custom rom would definitely get it going. but I'm on stock rom. and have absolutely no problems tethering over usb or wifi

jocampo86 01-04-2010 11:24 PM

hey unlock ur phone hard spl its easy if u need help pm me ill guide u step by step..no problem sumbody help me here to i am on energy rom i use phone as a modem and wifi router ...works perfedt....

jocampo86 01-04-2010 11:26 PM

(ice cold)to check if ur unlock power off ur phone... hold power and volume down if it says olinex ur unlock but if u havent downloaded hard spl ur definetly not unlocked...

babyjordin23 01-05-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampuscat (Post 1461154)
gonna have to be a little more specific how u tried ro use these cabs. U also have to disable cmguardian. It reverts all these settings back to default after a soft reset. Also try opening a browser first, then running connection sharing. What's happening when u run the programs? Is your phone makin a data connection? Need more info

i have downloaded the wifi and modem cabs, opening a browser from my laptop or a browser on the phone?...and everytime i run connection sharing it says data connection faild, either username or password is incorrect, i have no idea what they talkning about

wampuscat 01-05-2010 12:35 AM

mine does this if I don't start a connection on the phone first. I just open opera mini and go to a web page. then minimize it and start connection sharing or wifi sharing. open up the internet connection sharing app and make sure its using "SPRINT" and not "Phone as Modem" . I believe after I installed the tethering fix and used it for the first time I had to change it to sprint. but if u haven't did the CMguardian fix , it won't stay