PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: tmobile

69s fine 68s great is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to 69s fine 68s great
Please Help.. dont Flame

Ok i have been a verizon and sprint user for quite some time now and decided to go to T-mobile. I have the tp2 but was wondering am i able to use the roms from cdma or do i have to stick with the gsm roms. If im correct t-mobile runs on gsm. Please forgive me if all this that i am asking is irrelevant. i have flashed roms on my moguls, touch pro, and omnia before, but i just need to make sure i am doing it right since i am running t-mobile.

Also without flame, can someone direct me to flashing the newest radio(steps on how-to and best radio version) and giving a recommendation on a rom that has most of the bells and whistles... (steps on hot-to and best rom)
Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

u have to use a cdma rom on the verizon and gsm on the tmobile device do not flash ur gsm device with a cdma rom or u will break ur device!! the best bells and whistles rom is energyrom!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 01-04-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Please Help.. dont Flame

energy rom.. cool..... now what about a radio rom... ?? and do you have a link for what progs i use to flash it? oh and thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor

Well good luck with the anti-flame requests. Many answers are easily available...

You need GSM for the TP2 on T-Mobile. You will also need a GSM phone if you do not already have one. Flashing a CDMA ROM on a GSM phone can permanently damage the phone so be careful with this one. Better to ask if you are not 100% sure.

Most of the GSM ROMS are on XDA; another great forum.

Look here for answers about your new GSM phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=479

Look in the ROM development section for the info you need. It will tell you how to flash your first rom and how to flash a new radio. To flash a new radio, you will need to have a Security Unlocked phone. This is available on XDA, but you have to pay for it, unlike flashing ROMS.

Best of luck.

Doug M.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99

here is the ppcgeeks tp2 gsm thread
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-04-2010, 09:14 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

oh man your leaving us cdma goers, thats just rude.
jk good luck with your new phone
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:18 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I suggest go here.. Ppcgeeks is no place for rom stuff on a GSM tp2.. I as well have Tmobile.... I stay here because people here are better IMO, but for rom stuff go here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=490

Edit:woops, same link has been posted already, o'well, if ya miss that one theres mine......
Old 01-04-2010, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

how many roms are for tmobile pro2

i seen the energy rom on xda..but doesnt say if its for gsm..
Old 01-04-2010, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i didnt want to leave cdma.. but when i got verizon, my bill was frikkin outrageous... i shoulda never left sprint but i did on mistake... so now i got tmobile. the reason i got tmobile is because they gave me the phone for free with a couple of accessories ...so that was the main reason..
Old 01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69s fine 68s great View Post
how many roms are for tmobile pro2

i seen the energy rom on xda..but doesnt say if its for gsm..
all tp2 gsm roms will work on the tmobile tp2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2