PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Extra long car charger?

Any good extra long car chargers?

I need one to reach from the bottom of the dash all the way up to the windshield in my new Carolla.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Extra long car charger?

Here is the 1 I have. It has extremely long cord. Plus I never have to worry about bringing a charger when i'm going away with my truck, cause it is also a wall charger. I got it online thru sprint: http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...ubPageNumber=0

BOO B)
Old 01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

along the same lines, where can we find a long(approx. 12 ft) mini usb cable for the home charger?

n/m: ebay has some 15ft ones.

Last edited by 1999TL; 01-04-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

After taking a closer look at the 1 I posted it doesn't look like it has the car charger on it. I would call or chat with a Sprint rep to make sure it still has both options like mine does.

BOO B)
Old 01-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

For the car, I use a cig lighter extention and then I use a scorche cig lighter to usb adapter and then I use any size Mini USB cord I want. At home I just use several Motorola ones that I have aquired over time. One from each of my Moto S9's that I have and one from my Moto Q etc.
p .
Old 01-04-2010, 09:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

mikeszekely is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
along the same lines, where can we find a long(approx. 12 ft) mini usb cable for the home charger?
Mini-USB you say? Interesting. I noticed my Verizon TP2's connector looks sorta like a mini-USB, but angled at one end like
___
|__/

Since the charging cable is the data cable, I figured I shop for some extras. I noticed some chargers being advertised as TP2 compatible have a standard mini-USB plug, so on a whim I tried plugging in one of the cables for charging a PS3 controller. It fit, and it seems the phone was getting power. Am I safe to assume that it's ok to charge a TP2 with a mini-USB cable? I have enough of those lying around that I might be tempted to leave on in the car.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeszekely View Post
Mini-USB you say? Interesting. I noticed my Verizon TP2's connector looks sorta like a mini-USB, but angled at one end like
___
|__/

Since the charging cable is the data cable, I figured I shop for some extras. I noticed some chargers being advertised as TP2 compatible have a standard mini-USB plug, so on a whim I tried plugging in one of the cables for charging a PS3 controller. It fit, and it seems the phone was getting power. Am I safe to assume that it's ok to charge a TP2 with a mini-USB cable? I have enough of those lying around that I might be tempted to leave on in the car.
Yup! You can use a standard mini-usb (like the ones we all have lying around our homes) to charge your TP2 since it's usb port is backward compatible

Betcha THAT opens up a world of possibilities for ya...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mikeszekely is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Yup! You can use a standard mini-usb (like the ones we all have lying around our homes) to charge your TP2 since it's usb port is backward compatible

Betcha THAT opens up a world of possibilities for ya...
It does indeed! I think I'll leave the cable that came with it at my desk, then use a mini-USB with the charger and stick a second mini-USB in the car for when I get around to buying one of those cigarette lighter USB adapters.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeszekely View Post
It does indeed! I think I'll leave the cable that came with it at my desk, then use a mini-USB with the charger and stick a second mini-USB in the car for when I get around to buying one of those cigarette lighter USB adapters.
It works best in the car if you get yourself a flush, low-profile charger.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

I almost went with this:
http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...ubPageNumber=0

They are on ebay occasionally for about 15bux, the Motorola one with the blue circle are long too, but not 12ft. I ended up going with a Griffen Power Jolt Dual and a mini usb cable that way I can power the iPod and the phone as well as charge cameras etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2