PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iknight8
HTC Music issue

Hey guys

i have the touch pro 2.. i contact htc and sprint and as usual they had no idea how to fix it or just telling me htc does not support it. But a few week back it was working but i guess as weird as WM is it just stopped working.

The issue: When i am playing music on my phone i want the screen turned off so i can save battery life while playing music. but everytime i press the top button to turn off the fone, the music stops playing also. If i am not mistaken should the music continue to play?
Old 01-04-2010, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: HTC Music issue

install this and when ur music is playing open this program and hit the display off option and your music will continue to play with the screen off
Attached Files
File Type: cab psshutxp_eng.vga.xscale.cab (52.0 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work

i have the touch pro 2 with sprint... WM 6.1 and it will work rite?
and also does it turn off the screen like it wud on regular that way it saves battery? thanx
Old 01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
VIP Member

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

yes it worked on my stock vzw 6.1 rom and it works for my custom 6.5 rom and it turns the screen off to save battery life but keeps ur music going
Old 01-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you don't want to install anything and just want your phone to keep playing music with the screen off automatically, make the following registry edit:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\ Unattended, and then set the "wav1" d-word to a value of 0.

Wait 20 seconds and then soft reset. Should fix the issue
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

are you running S2U2? I had issues simalar to that and it was a setting in that.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Lurker

jstblz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
install this and when ur music is playing open this program and hit the display off option and your music will continue to play with the screen off
This is how I do it, works like a charm
Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
are you running S2U2? I had issues simalar to that and it was a setting in that.
for me if i go to s2u2 settings and check 'don't suspend power' it works
Old 01-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

to edit registry i need wat program? sPB?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknight8 View Post
to edit registry i need wat program? sPB?
PHM regedit is free. Just download the attached cab and install
Attached Files
File Type: cab regedit.Mrln_ARM.cab (94.3 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2