PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which Manila on VZW 6.5 Update?

So now that Sense 2.5 has full landscape support (as of build 1922), do you believe Verizon will finally roll out their 6.5 update with Sense 2.5 included?

I am really excited about getting to use MaxManila and WM6.5 FINALLY, but I am hesitant about flashing to custom ROM's given the variety of issues people experience with them (mms, hard resets, etc.). However, I don't want to wait for Verizon to release their 6.5 Update only to find out it's Sense 2.1 like the Imagio.

What do you guys think? Is it worth waiting for Verizon? Are any cooked ROM's with 2.5 landscape worth trying?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

there are a million opinions on this. Personally, i wouldnt run a stock rom, and i seriously doubt VZW will have 6.5 anytime soon.

just flash a 6.5 and enjoy it. More than likely VZW's 6.5 will be 2.1.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Which Manila on VZW 6.5 Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

there are a million opinions on this. Personally, i wouldnt run a stock rom, and i seriously doubt VZW will have 6.5 anytime soon.

I feel the same way about VZW's lack of inclination to include Sense 2.5.

I don't really mind the 6.1 stock ROM as it is quite bug-free, but I can't help but get excited and envious when I see all of the awesome development going into MaxManila and 6.5.

I see that you are running MightyROM. Does the new 1/04 version include 2.5 landscape? Or is it still music and photos only?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908
Quote:

I feel the same way about VZW's lack of inclination to include Sense 2.5.

I don't really mind the 6.1 stock ROM as it is quite bug-free, but I can't help but get excited and envious when I see all of the awesome development going into MaxManila and 6.5.

I see that you are running MightyROM. Does the new 1/04 version include 2.5 landscape? Or is it still music and photos only?
music and photos only? 2.5 is nice, but its not a deal breaker to say I need to run a stock rom. dude there are many other advantages to custom roms from popular chefs...especially Mighty.

this is sense 2.1, but even his 2.5 project rom like War runs good. not near as good as this newest 1/04...but good for a 2.5
Old 01-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

sense 2.5 will only be for the leo rom. It takes alot of ram to run manilla 2.5, htc will not use this on the tp2.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-04-2010, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:

music and photos only? 2.5 is nice, but its not a deal breaker to say I need to run a stock rom. dude there are many other advantages to custom roms from popular chefs...especially Mighty.

this is sense 2.1, but even his 2.5 project rom like War runs good. not near as good as this newest 1/04...but good for a 2.5
I'm sorry. I don't know a whole lot about the cooked ROM's because I have been waiting on verizon's rom... and quite frankly, there are just too many to choose from lol. However, I am very interested in learning about the advantages and disadvantages of flashing to a cooked ROM. Doesn't sense 2.1 only have landscape mode for the music and photos tabs? Also, what are the biggest advantages to custom ROM's that you can think of?

As I said, I really want to learn, but I can only tolerate so much browsing through a 1000 page cooked rom thread to learn of it's advantages and disadvantages.

Thank you again, though!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
sense 2.5 will only be for the leo rom. It takes alot of ram to run manilla 2.5, htc will not use this on the tp2.
yeah 2.5 runs slower compared to 2.1 on the tp2. so i dont think so
Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I promise that Ido not intend to disrespect, but if this is true, why does it seem so many people are running 2.5 now and using bignadad's tweaks and customizations? Does 2.5 really slow down the tp2's functionality that much?

If I knew I could do all the same cool stuff with 2.1 that is possible with 2.5, I wouldn't feel bad about using 2.1.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
I'm sorry. I don't know a whole lot about the cooked ROM's because I have been waiting on verizon's rom... and quite frankly, there are just too many to choose from lol. However, I am very interested in learning about the advantages and disadvantages of flashing to a cooked ROM. Doesn't sense 2.1 only have landscape mode for the music and photos tabs? Also, what are the biggest advantages to custom ROM's that you can think of?

As I said, I really want to learn, but I can only tolerate so much browsing through a 1000 page cooked rom thread to learn of it's advantages and disadvantages.

Thank you again, though!
Yes, Sense 2.1 still has landscape mode.

Just know that there a many reasons to flash to a custom ROM. They do more than just cook in Windows Mobile 6.5. They remove all the carrier-installed garbage (called bloatware), they make a series of registry and performance edits to enhace the overall speed of their ROMs, they install handy aftermarket apps like google maps, et. al., the list goes on and on...
Old 01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I know that there are several programs to backup our devices (SPB Backup, Sprite, Sashimi), but do any of them offer a clone-type backup so that I could easily flash back to my stock ROM and it's customizations if I didn't like a cooked ROM?

I guess I could just use SPB Backup to backup my data and settings and then flash back to stock ROM and then run the backup...

Would this be the best way?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2