PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 03:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Black06c230 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cracked glass...HELP

i am so mad....so my phone dropped a good 4ft on to some title and cracked the glass screen. lcd is fine and all touch func still work. so any idea if its fixable like an iphone's?

thanks
Old 11-21-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Cracked glass...HELP

It is, you broke the digitizers underscreen. I have one if you want it. Its really hard to pull the LCD out without breaking it though because it has tons of adhesive. I bought this when I broke mine. http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-TOUCH-PRO-2-...item3efa19fa2d
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4
Carrier: sprint

hidaya is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

is it possible to take it to the repair shop and get it fixed?
Old 11-21-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just fix it yourself with that kit you were asking about. its the same one listed on this page. That one simplifies the process so much and it only took me 5 mins to put it all back together when I was done. A repair shop will probably get you real bad for a fix.

Last edited by Ranger093; 11-21-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:22 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the screen is not glass

you can go to spring and see if they replace it. i had my tp screen replaced 3 times... of course you dropped yours so it may be harder to get it fixed with warranty but worth a shot anyways.. worst case they will tell you know... fight it with a manager and go from there...

the way to replace these screens is by replacing the whole upper part of the phone... that slides out. i dont think you can find the part yet as the phone is kinda new but you can look around... maybe from htc themselves or someone else... i havent looked for one so i dont know...

once you get the part it should be simple to replace...

good luck

Old 11-21-2009, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Mayonesa. I already said that.... Look I found the part too its the second post......
Old 11-21-2009, 05:55 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lol didnt see that... but yeah thats the bet thing you can do if you try with sprint and they turn you down..

like i said its worth a try all they can say is no then you buy the screen and replace it yourself.

good find Ranger
Old 01-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Lurker

alikona is a n00b

Ranger093, I'm finally getting off my butt after the holidays and ordering this to replace my spiderweb cracked digitizer. Does the seller include any sort of instructions, or is it a fairly straightforward process? I do have the TP2 disassebly rar previously posted in this forum.

Btw, thanks for the link- in all of my searching at ebay, I never came across this one! Looks promising!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2