PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fix for 2016 Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
maybe this is offtopic? what else is in the SMS folder? I actually had to add the SMS folder because that wasnt even in my registry which i thought was odd. running MR 12.27.09
There is also a Language key reg_sz, I'll see what I can find tomorrow, maybe I'll dis-assemble tmail, now that should be insteresting. lol

Z
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Hmm - my only problem with this is that I frequently lose my signal at work, and it is nice to know when someone SENT me a text message that I receive at 5:30pm when I go home. With this fix it will just say 5:30pm, right? I guess we just have to wait for Sprint to fix it on their end then - tech support is completely closed today for the holiday so I'm hoping that's the only reason it hasn't been fixed already.
yeah this is what i thought but couldnt find the original post. i also have horrible service at my house and its nice to know when the message was originally sent. hope vzw fixes this fast! i can see A LOT of people calling in complaining. i would feel sorry for the people who dont know this site and the tech support telling them to hard reset or bring it in for a new one.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

DAN916 is a n00b

Anyone confirm hard reset will fix the problem?? I just got this phone a couple days ago and cant even find the reg... reseting seems alot easier for someone like me who doesnt speak geek lol
Old 01-02-2010, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

NeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
There is also a Language key reg_sz, I'll see what I can find tomorrow, maybe I'll dis-assemble tmail, now that should be insteresting. lol

Z
While you're in there, can you fix that stupid issue where it locks up for 73 minutes after you open and close a message for the first time?
Old 01-02-2010, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

NeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN916 View Post
Anyone confirm hard reset will fix the problem?? I just got this phone a couple days ago and cant even find the reg... reseting seems alot easier for someone like me who doesnt speak geek lol
Just download and run the .cab Z posted on the first page...it will write the key for you.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:14 AM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN916 View Post
Just install the cab file found in the first post...does it for you!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (CDMA)

DAN916 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Just install the cab file found in the first post...does it for you!
Ok im on my desktop should I be online on my phone im assuming??
Old 01-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroDan View Post
While you're in there, can you fix that stupid issue where it locks up for 73 minutes after you open and close a message for the first time?
while your in there could you help me find out when after i open a mms from the sms/mms window i cannot open a txt message for 10+ mins. also when i send a mms i get the same effect.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroDan View Post
Never really had that issue. If you're using 2.5, and have a lot of messages, read more than about 100, it takes time. So I whittled mine down to about 25, and things work just fine for me.

For any updates on the MMS issue, I post regularly at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101286. I also included in my last post all the keys I found today.

Z
Old 01-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Never really had that issue. If you're using 2.5, and have a lot of messages, read more than about 100, it takes time. So I whittled mine down to about 25, and things work just fine for me.

For any updates on the MMS issue, I post regularly at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101286. I also included in my last post all the keys I found today.

Z
yeah idk why i have this issue. i could of flashed the phone just now and still have this effect. with 1 sms and i sent a mms i cannot open the dang sms for a long time. annoying. i noticed that if i get to the mail tab and then try to open a email it will open, still takes awhile, and then i can open the sms

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k