PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

tjrmoney is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartjrmoney is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartjrmoney is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fix for 2016 Issue

This has been tested with MightyROM WAR 12/30. WORKS!!

For all that can't find the reg here are instructions to add it.(Using Resco Registry)

1. Go to HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/
2. Add Key named "SMS"
3. Now open the SMS folder so you are at HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/SMS
4. Add Dword value and name it RecvTimeStamp
5. Place 00000001 into value and select Hex
6. Soft Reset

Hope this helps anyone wary of reg edits, and big ups to the solution finder.

If I helped you out, all I ask is you press Thanks! Y/W
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dOOfus is just getting started

the screens in the first post don't show the date, only time
Old 01-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroDan View Post
Whoa! Yours shows the date too...is that a feature of 6.5.x?
i think so. i have 6.5 and it doesnt show the date. its nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
It's an actual fix, it's letting the phone put the time stamp on the SMS, and the phone's time is correct. I think the issue is with the client. I did give two different keys, but the first one DOES work with HTC MC 1.5.1922, at least it does for me.

If I feel up to it tomorrow, I'll look more into it, I'm just tired of looking at ARM Assembly for like 10 hours today trying to fix the Sprint Native HTC Messaging issue in 2.5.

BTW, I HATE ARM ASSEMBLY, sorry CMon, I know you love it. lol

Z
all im wondering is why did it normally work 24 hours ago but now it seems to be broken? what has changed in the new year? sorry im a very curious person lol
Old 01-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroDan View Post
If no one beats me to it, I'll cab it up when I get home.
Check first post, just did it, took like 1 minute. Much faster than re-installing Mobiler to take the screen shots.

Z
Old 01-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
i think so. i have 6.5 and it doesnt show the date. its nice.

all im wondering is why did it normally work 24 hours ago but now it seems to be broken? what has changed in the new year? sorry im a very curious person lol

Just wait until 2038 when the C TimeStruct runs out of seconds to count since 1/1/1970. It should be about as exciting as spending new years 2000 waiting for our systems to fail, thank god I lived in Colorado and we ran on Zulu (GMT), so I could actually enjoy the new year.

We did have fun at the media's expense though, we ran out of the building yelling and screaming about how we needed to get to the 'Mountain', but instead, left and went home.

Z
Old 01-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

maybe this is offtopic? what else is in the SMS folder? I actually had to add the SMS folder because that wasnt even in my registry which i thought was odd. running MR 12.27.09
Old 01-01-2010, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dOOfus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
maybe this is offtopic? what else is in the SMS folder? I actually had to add the SMS folder because that wasnt even in my registry which i thought was odd. running MR 12.27.09
i had to create a new key so there was nothing
Old 01-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

trailmix is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7jit View Post
I can confirm this works (on my TP1)

It tells tmail.exe to use the received time stamp (calculated by the device) and not the sent time (received through the network)
Hmm - my only problem with this is that I frequently lose my signal at work, and it is nice to know when someone SENT me a text message that I receive at 5:30pm when I go home. With this fix it will just say 5:30pm, right? I guess we just have to wait for Sprint to fix it on their end then - tech support is completely closed today for the holiday so I'm hoping that's the only reason it hasn't been fixed already.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:00 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I am on MightyROM LOVE3 [winmo6.5.5 (28014.5.5.0) manila 2.1 (2.1.19202217.5)] 12/27 release and the first fix seems to work fine for me.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (CDMA)

DAN916 is a n00b

Now i see why they call them smart phones u have to be smart to operate one lol Just got the phone couple days ago now this im still learning the basic features let alone how to edit the REG.

SO far your post seems the most understandable if I only knew how to get to step 1?? Anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrmoney View Post
This has been tested with MightyROM WAR 12/30. WORKS!!

For all that can't find the reg here are instructions to add it.(Using Resco Registry)

1. Go to HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/
2. Add Key named "SMS"
3. Now open the SMS folder so you are at HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/SMS
4. Add Dword value and name it RecvTimeStamp
5. Place 00000001 into value and select Hex
6. Soft Reset

Hope this helps anyone wary of reg edits, and big ups to the solution finder.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k