PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fix/Workaround for 2016 Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmabell View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread but you are the group that can best answer this time stamp question. I have loaded the US Cellular hotfix for the 2016 issue on my USCC Touch Pro 2 (Win Mobile 6.5) and continue to have an issue that has been a problem from the beginning. I live in the Eastern time zone, yet still in USCC's Chicago switching area. Every text message I receive is stamped on my phone in Central (Chicago) time, or one hour behind my time. The texts I send appear on my phone with the correct time stamp. This, they say is due to the fact that USCC's switch is located in the Central time zone. Is there a registry edit or some other fix that I can apply to rectify this? Thank you all for your help.
What's your HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\ForceToSetTimezone set to? I don't have this set in my phone, but my guess is that it's a dword, and I'd set it to 1. Also check HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\NITZCUSTOMIZE\EnableTimeZ one, should be 1.

If that doesn't do it, let me know, I'll look into it more.

Z
Old 01-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: USCC

tmabell is a n00b

Thanks for looking into it. I don't have the key HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\ForceToSetTimezone

I do have this key HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\NITZCUSTOMIZE\EnableTimeZ and it is set to 0. I changed it to 1 rebooted the phone & tried again but it made no difference. Should I add that other key?
Old 01-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

ziggy471 my stuff got deleted also on sprint community. i now only have 1 post on that site. oh well. there losers who steal sh*t anyways.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Lurker

tmabell is a n00b

Update,

I did try adding that dword & set it to 1, but no workie.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Update,

I did try adding that dword & set it to 1, but no workie.
Alright, I'll keep looking into it. There are a lot of mention of timezone in the rilphone, I'll see what else I can find.

Z
Old 01-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Lurker

tmabell is a n00b

Just noticed that the setting of 1 in HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\ForceToSetTimezone does not stick after a reboot.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

almatic is a n00b

Quote:
I don't mean to hijack this thread but you are the group that can best answer this time stamp question. I have loaded the US Cellular hotfix for the 2016 issue on my USCC Touch Pro 2 (Win Mobile 6.5) and continue to have an issue that has been a problem from the beginning. I live in the Eastern time zone, yet still in USCC's Chicago switching area. Every text message I receive is stamped on my phone in Central (Chicago) time, or one hour behind my time. The texts I send appear on my phone with the correct time stamp. This, they say is due to the fact that USCC's switch is located in the Central time zone. Is there a registry edit or some other fix that I can apply to rectify this? Thank you all for your help.

I have a similar issue, I'm on the west coast, Pacific Time, but I get texts received with central and eastern time, 1, 2 or even stamped 3 hours later then when I received them.

I only happen when I'm roaming. So it's not that big of a deal, but if I'm texting with someone, I can only tell the order of their texts by the minutes.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I just called HTC and asked when they were planning on releasing an update for the Verizon phones, preferably the MR1 release. I was told it is in the works, just no ETA yet.

I also tried just the rilphone, with the associated settings from the cab, everything works, except receiving of SMS and MMS, so it might just be a registry setting or two.

The only suggestion I have right now is that EVERYONE call HTC, 866-449-8358, and ask when the VZW MR1 SMS update is going to be released. Once that's done, the cooks will just add the update to their OEMDRIVERS, assuming their using the MR1 drivers like Mike. Or those of us with TP2s can just run the update and wait for the fixed ROMs to come out.

Z

sorry for being difficult. i tried the ucc rll file on mikes newest rom, which uses the vzw oem's and it works. i went for the glory and IT WORKS!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

AboveTheBULL is becoming a great contributor

Sprint Touch Pro with original, stock 1.XX.XXX.XX ROM. Official hotfix would not run on this non-upgraded ROM. So... used the "CorrectSMSdate.zip" from the first post and it worked perfectly to fix messages I already had. Since I need the SMSs to show actual sent times, I used the "Ziggy471 USCC rilphone.cab" from the first post, believing I'd be able to just uninstall the cab if there was any issue...

VERY bad mistake.

Phone will only show the black "Touch Pro" start-up splash screen with the red ROM and radio information at the bottom. After about 6 minutes just sitting there, I get this cryptic message:

Quote:
The device is unable to boot because either you have turned off the device incorrectly or tried to install an application from untrusted source.

Press Volume Up to reset your device or press any other button to cancel.

This operation will delete all your personal data and restore the device to it's factory default settings.
Ziggy, man, am I f--ked? Any ideas short of a hard reset? I stupidly hadn't backed up some recent notes and a video of my nephew's first steps. Yes, saved to internal storage because the storage card was too full, and a new phone was on its way.......
Old 01-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheBULL View Post

Sprint Touch Pro with original, stock 1.XX.XXX.XX ROM. Official hotfix would not run on this non-upgraded ROM. So... used the "CorrectSMSdate.zip" from the first post and it worked perfectly to fix messages I already had. Since I need the SMSs to show actual sent times, I used the "Ziggy471 USCC rilphone.cab" from the first post, believing I'd be able to just uninstall the cab if there was any issue...

VERY bad mistake.

Phone will only show the black "Touch Pro" start-up splash screen with the red ROM and radio information at the bottom. After about 6 minutes just sitting there, I get this cryptic message:

Ziggy, man, am I f--ked? Any ideas short of a hard reset? I stupidly hadn't backed up some recent notes and a video of my nephew's first steps. Yes, saved to internal storage because the storage card was too full, and a new phone was on its way.......

this shows up on our touch pro2's usually meaning that its time to hard reset. im pretty sure your ****ed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k