PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)
Carrier: Sprint

reyrey127 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I notice this on my TP2.. anyone else??

Here are some things i notice.. normal or defect?? I am stock sprint!!

1. the back light on the keyboard is brighter at the 4 and 8 and get noticeably dimmer at the letter V and B.

2. there are two stickers on the top sides of the keyboard.. are these to be removed or are they there to stay??

3. when i turn off the phone and leave it off for about an hour and turn it back it... it is more responsive than just leaving it alone turned on for 3 hours...

4. when i am in the texting feature, i notice that sometimes it won't let me reply to a text... it happened once so far...

5. when i opened the box, even though this is a world phone.. where is my world charger adapter...

6. AND finally... with the amount of money i paid on this phone... when I tell it to do my laundry... it doesn't.. normal or defect??

Thanks in advance for the response..

CHEERS!!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: I notice this on my TP2.. anyone else??

1. Every phone is different, some are perfect some arn't, mine is ok but not top notch, it's not a defect.

2. I keep those 2 protective stickers on there, also the one on the back of the screen portion where it says Sprint in big letters, as long as there arn't falling off I keep them on.

3. It shouldn't make a difference weather you soft reset or have your phone off for 3hrs...a soft reset should make it more responsive...3hrs doesn't change anything.

4. It's windows mobile, made by microsoft...there's going to be little flaws...just reset the device and that should fix the problem. (soft reset)

5. Your not the only one that is miffed about this...I emailed CS about this, and all they could tell me is I could purchase them from there website, which is a crock. Any phone that is considered global should have these items included....I will be calling for futher bitching on this matter. My Blackberry Storm (Verizon) has them included.

6. Yeah, I feel ya there...it bulks at me when I ask it to take a shower for me and do the dishes and the laundry...The only reason I havn't sold her away is she is new, does the minimal things I want her to do, and hasn't exploded on me.....YET.

Last edited by ChrisH09; 01-01-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

1. That's normal. There is an array of LEDs under the keyboard & the 4 & 8 are probably just close to an LED.

2. Those are just protective stickers they put on after manufacturing, you can take them off.

3. I haven't noticed anything like that, but I'll pay attention now.

4. When you say it won't let you reply, what exactly do you mean? Can you not open the message or will it just not let you type?

5. HTC knows that not everyone who buys this phone is going to travel worldwide, ergo they aren't gonna waste money by including a world charger with multiple adapters that MOST people will never use in every box. They figure if you wanna travel, you can just pick up the adapter you need.

6. Hmm, that's odd. Mine does my laundry AND scratches my butt. You might wanna do a hard reset & try it again.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 01-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

HTC knows that not everyone who buys this phone is going to travel worldwide, ergo they aren't gonna waste money by including a world charger with multiple adapters that MOST people will never use in every box. They figure if you wanna travel, you can just pick up the adapter you need.

Thats besides the point, for the price we pay for a device we should get what should come with it. Who says I'm not going oversea's next month for a trip and need the adapters? I'm not going to purchase something I shouldn't have to in order to use my phone somewhere else. I can tell you either Sprint or HTC skimped on the stuff that came with this phone compared to the TP1. When I got my TP1 it came with a leather belt case for the phone, TP2 didn't. The wall charger and USB cable are way less quality than the TP1 version had...not such a big deal...but quality is a concern. When I purchased my Blackberry Storm from Verizon about 1 year ago it came with the adapters....why shouldn't this phone...both are global phones...both do CDMA/GSM...I think it's more of a how much can we save and then rip the customer off cenario...but thats just me.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:09 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Complaining wont make an adapter appear. We didnt even get a case or memory card. Oh well, I bought both.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I personally won't stop baggering HTC or Sprint until they send me some. Sprint already said they sell them on there website...so they can send them to me for free for all I care. You may have purchased them, but what you don't understand is the fact the phone is "GLOBAL" which means it can be used other places than the US...which means...it should come with the adapters without charge. You may see if differently than me..but thats just how you are...

I had a 8GB microSD from my Blackberry Storm I kept, so that wasn't such a big deal...but the global adapters is.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:18 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

You forgot about the case cause it can be used in other parts of the Earth also lol.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

joeyc1123 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

my Verizon touch pro 2 came with all the adapters
Old 01-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
You forgot about the case cause it can be used in other parts of the Earth also lol.

Har Har...yeah the case too..but for now I'm using my TP1 case till I decide what I want to get...that isn't such a big deal to me as the adapters. I actually found a HTC branded leather case at Best Buy for $30 which is meant for the TP2...so thats probably what I will go with.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyc1123 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

my Verizon touch pro 2 came with all the adapters

Verizon seems to not skimp on everything...why should Sprint?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2