PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bad camera photos

Can someone maybe give me some help as to WHY photos taken with the TP2 camera are horrible.. The colors are washed out and the brightness (no matter what I set in the options) looks bad. I have attached an example.. some photos are even worse then that.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: Bad camera photos

Well for one the low light doesn't help. Try setting your phone's white balance to daylight...and remember, this is not a point and shoot or DSLR..it's not meant for high quality pictures. Phone Camera's have always been lack luster and will probably never be anywhere near what we are used to with digital camera's. The lens on this phone is smaller than a dime, when as one on a point and shoot is the size of a half dollar...can you see where Im going? That picture isnt that bad for the low light you took it in. Also if you have photoshop or some editing program that may help by fixing up the picture a bit.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:24 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Long story short... the camera sucks.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Blackcircle is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
long story short... The camera sucks.
lmao!

HTC Evo 4G

Old 01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

prentrodgers is a n00b

Lighting is critical. Try sunlight.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Discused previously.... One idea which works quite well is removing the plastic lens from the back of the battery cover. The lens gets dirty quickly with smudges and whatnot. For the most part the camera sucks for such an expensive phone.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

One idea which works quite well is removing the plastic lens from the back of the battery cover.
Some of these fixes people find just don't make any sense. Take the plastic lens off the back cover....dude stuff like that is just asking for damage to the lens and crap getting into the battery area of the phone. having no lens there is asking for water or lint to get in the phone. Same thing with drilling of the hole in the side to access the soft reset button...come on guys...there nice ideas...but they add to the risk of your phone getting damaged...(Water) Those are two ideas that people seem to think will solve issues, but in the long run they may come to bite you in butt because you altered the phones original design.

A finger swipe of the lens or having a micro fiber cloth near you will get rid of the smudge and you then can go back to taking pictures, lack luster they are without damaging the phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

My TREO 800W took better photos then this TP2. I did play with the white balance and it looks better.... I have the hbrightnes set to 0.00 . I tried what someone suggested about lowering the brightness but makes no sense and didnt work as it made the photos worse...
Old 01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
My TREO 800W took better photos then this TP2. I did play with the white balance and it looks better.... I have the hbrightnes set to 0.00 . I tried what someone suggested about lowering the brightness but makes no sense and didnt work as it made the photos worse...
Honestly this phone takes the worst pics out of all the phones ive ever had... smart and non smart phones.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

However, I see another THREAD that has posted photos from the phone and they look really good... dont know how they are getting photos like that:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...7&goto=newpost

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2