PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Hero, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

wstaylor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: text messages from the future Y2KX issue

This seems to be an issue only in the Shell SMS Viewers on Windows Mobile Phones. Windows Mobile Messaging viewers are displaying the correct date because their format is m/d where the after market SMS threaded viewers are using the date format m/d/yy and that is where the issue is - either Microsoft is passing a bad variable to the SMS viewer or the SMS viewers themselves are sending bad display data.

Either way this is affecting Windows Mobile Phones across all carriers - appears to be only with SMS viewers that are non-native to Windows Mobile and is not localized to just the United States.

I have a Mighty ROM TP2, a Stock ROM Mogul with SPB Shell and both of those phones are being affected by the issue. I have an HTC Hero with Android that has no such issue.

Check your Windows Mobile native SMS viewer and see if the issue appears. I believe this is only with 3rd party SMS Viewers.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstaylor View Post
This seems to be an issue only in the Shell SMS Viewers on Windows Mobile Phones. Windows Mobile Messaging viewers are displaying the correct date because their format is m/d where the after market SMS threaded viewers are using the date format m/d/yy and that is where the issue is - either Microsoft is passing a bad variable to the SMS viewer or the SMS viewers themselves are sending bad display data.

Either way this is affecting Windows Mobile Phones across all carriers - appears to be only with SMS viewers that are non-native to Windows Mobile and is not localized to just the United States.

I have a Mighty ROM TP2, a Stock ROM Mogul with SPB Shell and both of those phones are being affected by the issue. I have an HTC Hero with Android that has no such issue.

Check your Windows Mobile native SMS viewer and see if the issue appears. I believe this is only with 3rd party SMS Viewers.
Not entirely sure what you mean, but I see tghe issue when I use the HTC message view(tap the message when on your message tab) and when I use Titanium, it just uses the WM message client. SOmeone posted a pic of it in this thread
Old 01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

inaniloquous is a n00b

Same problem, wouldn't mind it as much if it didn't disorganize everything.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

XGuard04 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstaylor View Post

I cannot confirm what you said about the native message viewer. The Windows messaging on my phone also displays the incorrect date 1/1/16 on top of TF3D. I do agree with you however that this is a Win Mo issue since this appears across different carriers, different brands (HTC, LG from what I've seen), and non windows mobile phones do not seem to be experiencing this issue.

This doesn't sound good for us Sprint TP2 users since this resolution will probably get bundled into the WM6.5 release which could delay it even more...
Old 01-01-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

mr_musiq07 is becoming a great contributor

Happy 2016!!! Here's a reg edit to fix this issue: HKLM/SOFTWARE/FUTURE TEXTS/AM I DRUNK/OH WELL HAPPY NEW YEAR WHATEVER YEAR IT IS set value to 2010 LOL
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Hero, Mogul

wstaylor is a n00b

It is strange that the organization of the native Windows Messaging viewer is in order because it is relying on the date format d/m - so in the threaded messaging viewer in Windows Mobile it shows:

USER 1/1:
Happy New Year!
ME 12:01am:
You too!
USER 1/1:
My Windows Mobile Phone is FUBAR
ME 12:03am:
Mine is too!!!

But in the HTC Touch Flow Viewer it is showing in this format:
ME 12:01am:
You too!
ME 12:03am:
Mine is too!!!
USER 1/1/16:
Happy New Year!
USER 1/1/16:
My Windows Mobile Phone is FUBAR

So, my post earlier was premature - the organization of the threaded messages does not appear to rely on the year in Windows Mobile Messaging - but it does in the 3rd party Messaging Viewer.

This is INDEED a Microsoft issue.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC WP7 Arrive

jloden78 is keeping up the good workjloden78 is keeping up the good work

same, Sprint, Stock ROM, TP2
Old 01-01-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

mharvey is becoming a great contributor

Same here. Sprint TP2 with stock ROM.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81

My wife and I are both having the problem on our Sprint Touch Pro 2s. Mine has the latest EnergyROM Leo and hers is stock.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

I'll just add I checked my brother's Sprint stock rom and he's having the same problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k