PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: text messages from the future Y2KX issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telek View Post
That fix was likely a registry key change - this fix is likely a core DLL or system component binary file change.
You may be correct. But even so, package that sucker up in an RUU and update just that, leaving the rest of the ROM alone...
Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
You may be correct. But even so, package that sucker up in an RUU and update just that, leaving the rest of the ROM alone...
That's how I feel. I've been trying to patiently wait, and it's not too annoying right now, but it's annoying to know that they haven't come up with a resolution yet.

Thanks Ziggy for the workaround. Definitely appreciate your work.

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

I had to chime in on this. I am using my own cooked rom and never had any of the problems here. The difference perhaps is that I am using the following registry key and no issues with inbound or outbound time stamps for text messages.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\SMS

The dword with RecvTimeStamp is set to 1

I get in bound and sent without any issues.

Registry settings attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip SMS.zip (322 Bytes, 9 views) Click for barcode!
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 01-12-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Telek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
I had to chime in on this. I am using my own cooked rom and never had any of the problems here. The difference perhaps is taht I am using the following registry key and no issues with inbound or outbound time stamps for text messages.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\SMS

The dword with RecvTimeStamp is set to 1

I get in bound and sent without any issues.

Registry settings attached
That's exactly the workaround that was already discovered, but thanks anyway

The problem that a lot of people have with that is that the recv timestamp is now the arrival timestamp, not the send timestamp. It's nice to know when a message was sent especially if your phone is off or you were out of coverage or for whatever reason the message was delayed.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telek View Post
That's exactly the workaround that was already discovered, but thanks anyway

The problem that a lot of people have with that is that the recv timestamp is now the arrival timestamp, not the send timestamp. It's nice to know when a message was sent especially if your phone is off or you were out of coverage or for whatever reason the message was delayed.
Ahh, thanks for the insight. I really don't rely on sms messages that bad. Just email. =) In fact I purge my sms inbox every day. =P
Old 01-13-2010, 05:02 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemissez View Post
That's how I feel. I've been trying to patiently wait, and it's not too annoying right now, but it's annoying to know that they haven't come up with a resolution yet.

Thanks Ziggy for the workaround. Definitely appreciate your work.
get it right! Thanks ziggy471!!! "ziggy" is an impostor
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k