PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth fm transmitter for car with remote that will control the songs on your

phone. Is there one out there that you have used or do currently use. I drive for a living and would like to have something that can play and change my songs from the remote. I would like something that plugs into the cigarette lighter with bluetooth and a FM transmitter. I steering wheel controller would be preferred, but any kind of remote will do just as long as it will control the music on my phone. I don't care if I have to manually open the program on my phone(which I assume I would have to do anyway) I just want to to control it like some of the bluetooth headphones.

Sorry if this is kinda vague, I tried to be specific. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b
Re: Bluetooth fm transmitter for car with remote that will control the songs on your

My question to you is why not get a car head unit that is bluetooth, Songs play off the phone but over your car stareo.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Bluetooth fm transmitter for car with remote that will control the songs on your

OP you can look at this.... http://www.amazon.com/Soundfly-Ultim.../dp/B001DDE4VY

Hope this helps a lil
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Because it is not my car. If it was, I would.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't know about a bluetooth to FM one, haven't seen those yet. But I have seen a ton of FM transmitters that connect to the 3.5mm audio jack (mostly for iPods, but they'll work just the same with a Touch Pro 2).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks. that is exactly what I was looking for.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks but I would like to be able to control songs and volume with the remote. I have a regular fm trans.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:26 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I remember seeing someone get a headphone set that comes with a separate remote controller, but it's 3.5mm remote controller, that is essentially a passthrough (you plug headsets into the controller, and the controller plugs into the phone). The control was cool looking, but I don't remember (sorry, I know my post is a tease!).

I've never seen a bluetooth/fm transmitter. But if you want a bluetooth receiver that controls the phone, you want a device that supports the AVRCP bluetooth profile (Audio Video Remote Control Profile/Protocol). So far Windows Media Player (yuck!) supports AVRCP, but although Coreplayer says it does, I have not been able to get it to work.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Here's what I found, it doesn't have the FM trans, but it works very nicely.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kensington-Liqui...item3ca914992b

All the controls work perfectly for me.(oh and its not real expensive) I can control my songs from the steering wheel Via bluetooth. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: SPRINT

leckey73 is just getting started

Looks good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2