PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2, Bluetooth & Car question (forced pin entry to make call)

When I try to make a call using bluetooth through my car, the phone makes me unlock the tp2 first (exchange pin code thing). The tp1 did not make me do this... is there a way around it or am i stuck having to unlock every time now...

edit: i'm speaking of the lock/unlock device pin that is forced on you if you use exchange through work policy.

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-31-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff
Re: TP2, Bluetooth & Car question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
When I try to make a call using bluetooth through my car, the phone makes me unlock the tp2 first (exchange pin code thing). The tp1 did not make me do this... is there a way around it or am i stuck having to unlock every time now...

If you are on a stock rom then there is a known issue with the bluetooth stack with the stock tp2. You still should be able to tell the phone to save the handsfree device as a paired device. You should have the option to check trust this device when you paired it the first time. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
If you are on a stock rom then there is a known issue with the bluetooth stack with the stock tp2. You still should be able to tell the phone to save the handsfree device as a paired device. You should have the option to check trust this device when you paired it the first time. Hope this helps.
hmm so pairing it and trusting it will prevent it from asking me to unlock the pin pad first? This is actually for my bro's TP2 and car... he's in another state, so i'm trying to resolve the issue for him as i set up everything for his phone...

edit: i don't use BT, so i'm terrible at tourbleshooting for probs associated with it

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-31-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

It has a check box for you to check so it wont ask to pair again... it just does it automaticaly. I have had problems after pairing and then cutting the car off then getting back in and it didn't pair right away but if I dialed from the phone it would pair before the phone connected.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

i didn't get any options to trust the device during first pairing (don't have a car with BT compatibility, but i'm using other devices to try and figure my Bro's prob out). The closest thing i see is when i go to properties afterwards... i see an option for "connections authorized." Will this get rid of the damn pin code prompt when trying to make calls?

If anyone has set up their tp2 so that it wont ask to unlock the phone when trying to make a call through the car.. please help.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Wait, is it asking for pincode for pairing or the pincode that he set for when he locks the phone?

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
It has a check box for you to check so it wont ask to pair again... it just does it automaticaly. I have had problems after pairing and then cutting the car off then getting back in and it didn't pair right away but if I dialed from the phone it would pair before the phone connected.
hmm im not sure were talking about the same thing then. the problem i have is that it asks to be unlocked via the system pin code (the one that is required for Exchange/push mail policies for work). It sounds to me that you're talking about the pairing code you have to enter when trying to pair another device (completely different passcode).

Anyway, He can still get calls and look through contacts using his car without having to unlock... it's just when he tries to call someone that it makes him unlock his device. Do you use exchange?
Old 12-31-2009, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Wait, is it asking for pincode for pairing or the pincode that he set for when he locks the phone?
i believe it's asking for his pin to unlock his phone (exchange policy). This problem didn't exist on his TP... weird that he can receive calls and look through contacts, but it forces him to unlock his phone to make a call... sort of defeats the purpose of handsfree...
Old 12-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Yea thats totally different. But I still think the reason it has problems with the unlocking of the exchange is possibly due to the Bluetooth stack. I had problems when using Windows Screen lock with the shipped bluetooth stack. I have'nt had anymore problems after flashing to the latest roms.

Last edited by Tech Addiction; 12-31-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Thanks for getting this on the right track. I was going down the wrong rabbit hole.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2