PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 08:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
myxer ringtones??

I searched for this problem, and similiar threads have been posted, but theres no answer on how the hell to fix this. Its starting to irritate the f@#$ outta me and can someone tell me how the hell to get a ringtone from myxer onto our phones? When i make a ringtone it sends it as .gcd, i've tried to goto the link on skyfire, opera, and internet explorer...all save it as a .gcd file. someone gimme a helping hand!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: myxer ringtones??

Looks like GCD is just a text file containing the ringer info (download URL, content type, etc).

Try this: save the GCD file. Rename it to .txt. Open it in your favorite text editor, check for Content-URL: definition to get the URL to download the actual ringtone.

Edit, I just tried it with a ringtone on their site and it works fine. Also though they have a "having problems" on the right hand side that links right to the mp3 under download to your computer.

Last edited by krohnjw; 12-31-2009 at 09:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw View Post
Looks like GCD is just a text file containing the ringer info (download URL, content type, etc).

Try this: save the GCD file. Rename it to .txt. Open it in your favorite text editor, check for Content-URL: definition to get the URL to download the actual ringtone.

Edit, I just tried it with a ringtone on their site and it works fine. Also though they have a "having problems" on the right hand side that links right to the mp3 under download to your computer.
you are the man! thanks!
Old 12-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Try this website, in my opinion it's way better than myxer...and it doesn't lock the ringtones from being sent from your phone to other friends. Zedge.com They have millions of ringtones you can listen to on your desktop PC...if your on your phone they have a Mobile Zedge you can try too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2