PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 07:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opps ordered Sprint cradle charger for Verizon TP2?

Hello all

Well in one of those typical late night ordering mistakes I accidentally ordered a Sprint desktop cradle charger/sync unit for my Verizon TP2 from here: http://www.thinktouchpro2.com/dech.html

In looking at the PN for the chargers I see that the one for the Sprint unit and the one for the Verizon unit are the same although in the description of the products, it states that are not interchangeable.

So as far as anyone knows, are they probably the same device or should I call them and correct this?

Note: btw as of last night (12/30/2009) they had a "20% off entire order, plus free shipping" coupon that worked for me to get $5.12 off of this charger.

The coupon code is " touchpro220 "
Old 12-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Opps ordered Sprint cradle charger for Verizon TP2?

The CDMA (Sprint/Verizon) have the charging port of to the side on the bottom, while the GSM have it usually square in the middle. So in theory as long as your sent the correct one then your fine.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I just looked at it and I don't honestly see how the pn could be the same and it not be compatable. I think the issue is the GSM versions where the charging port is, but I wouldn't worry since covers for VZW and Sprint are interchangable I believe, you shouldn't have an issue. Or you can call their customer support and ask, but I honestly don't think you'll have an issue with it.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Sprint and Verizon Touch Pro 2's are almost identical except for some outer bezel and colors...the charging ports should be in the same spot since they both have the 3.5jack and charging port in the same area. The only thing I can forsee being a issue is how the phone's outer shell is and how it would sit in the craddle....It might work, and it might not...give it a try and if it doesn't...send it back and call there customer service and have them send you out the Sprint version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2