PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Swype keyboard issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103948)

lilo5858 12-30-2009 10:02 PM

Swype keyboard issue

I don't know how to make the Swype keyboard to work.
ok here's my problem.i installed it and everytime when i try to enable it from the settings it just goes back to the normal keyboard from HTC..

any help would be appreciated.
thanks

jmorton10 12-30-2009 10:08 PM

Re: Swype keyboard issue

I had the same problem with Skype when I was running Juicy's ROM & never did get it to work.

Now, I am running NRG's Dusk ROM & Skype was installed as part of the flash & works super.

~John

japper88 12-30-2009 10:11 PM

What rom are you running? It works fine on MightyROM, I've been using swype since it was released.

lipidfats 12-30-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilo5858 (Post 1449701)
I don't know how to make the Swype keyboard to work.
ok here's my problem.i installed it and everytime when i try to enable it from the settings it just goes back to the normal keyboard from HTC..

any help would be appreciated.
thanks

i had this problem on Juicy's ROM... is that what you're running or is it just a coincidence?

Anyway, I found that it would be hit or miss... sometimes it would change and sometimes it wouldn't. When it wouldn't change inside a certain screen i'd just try going to a different screen to try... sometimes that would call it up... try soft resetting.

jrob 12-30-2009 11:32 PM

you need a sip changer. google the cab.

jmorton10 12-30-2009 11:38 PM

sip changer doesn't help if the KB doesn't work at all......

~John

lilo5858 12-31-2009 12:06 AM

im running Silence ROM because i was tired of the other ROMs with the MMS
issue and the lagging.

barbo 12-31-2009 02:32 PM

I have a Tilt2 and Swype was working great until I installed Mobile Shell and then Mobile Sense. At that point I had the same problem (if I am understanding you correctly): I click the little triangle and a list of keyboards would come up, I'd pick Swype but it would go back to the default keyboard immediately. I solved my problem with a soft reset - have been good now (two days of use).

Tenny 01-02-2010 05:10 PM

I'm having this same issue with the Diamond. Multiple soft-resets, etc. All using OMJ's Kitchen which is based on Calk's...

kcrlshell 01-02-2010 05:23 PM

Okay...I will beg your forgiveness in advance if I'm completely insulting your intelligence, but you say you are enabling swype from the settings (by which I assume you mean going to "settings->all settings->personal->input)....are you selecting the swype keyboard from the little arrow popup of available input options on the soft key bar/area (where the keyboard icon is) while in the program where you actually intend to type something? I have to do that every time I soft reset or turn off the phone. It defaults to the WM keyboard every time.