PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

dshosu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dshosu
Maintain linked Facebook contacts between flashing ROMs?

So a while a go I went through and linked a bunch of my contacts to their corresponding Facebook accounts. I couldn't do it automatically because I don't use complete first and last names for my contacts. After all that I synced them with Google and thought all was well and proceeded to flash another ROM. After I flashed the new ROM i resynced my contacts with Google and lost all of the Facebook information.

Anyway, so I went back through and relinked the Facebook accounts to their contacts. Now I'm thinking about flashing another ROM but I want to know if there's a way to backup the Facebook contact links?\

Thanks in advance
Old 12-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: Maintain linked Facebook contacts between flashing ROMs?

I wish I knew how. I've been wondering the same thing, but just left them unlinked since I've been flashing so often recently. Damn Mighty and his lightning fast releases!

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

sign in to facebook 1st, then sync your contacts via google, or outlook.

mine stay linked using that method and i dont use last names for the majority of my contacts.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

treadwayj is keeping up the good worktreadwayj is keeping up the good work

From the for what's it worth department...

I was having the same problem until I started using the Sense 2.5 ROMs, then it seems like I can link them, sync with My Phone and when I flashed to another 2.5 ROM they were already linked. I did make sure I was logged into Facebook first.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:55 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Yea, if you notice, there is a code inserted into the notes section of the contact that says<sn> then a number. I guess that's a facebook link. It should still hold through a flash.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

i have two ways first is there is a file on the window root called facebook.*

and u could use sbp backup to basically do a ghost copy of ur phone before flashing a new rom!!

Old 12-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I wish I knew how. I've been wondering the same thing, but just left them unlinked since I've been flashing so often recently. Damn Mighty and his lightning fast releases!
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
sign in to facebook 1st, then sync your contacts via google, or outlook.

mine stay linked using that method and i dont use last names for the majority of my contacts.
I'll try this out
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadwayj View Post
From the for what's it worth department...

I was having the same problem until I started using the Sense 2.5 ROMs, then it seems like I can link them, sync with My Phone and when I flashed to another 2.5 ROM they were already linked. I did make sure I was logged into Facebook first.
I've only used Sense 2.1 because I like using the full landscape mode. Thanks though
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Yea, if you notice, there is a code inserted into the notes section of the contact that says<sn> then a number. I guess that's a facebook link. It should still hold through a flash.
I don't see that. I know when I "Favorited" people on the People tab it put a <FDMID> code in there, but I don't see a <sn> one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
i have two ways first is there is a file on the window root called facebook.*

and u could use sbp backup to basically do a ghost copy of ur phone before flashing a new rom!!
This is along the lines of what I thought the solution was going to be. I don't know how to do it exactly, but I'll fiddle around with it.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:18 PM

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshosu View Post

This is along the lines of what I thought the solution was going to be. I don't know how to do it exactly, but I'll fiddle around with it.

well using sbp back up is effortless just install and do a full back up!!

the facebook file on the windows root method i would assume u just copy is to u sd card and paste it back after u reflash ur device !
the spb back way is possibly the easyist and safest!!
Old 12-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
well using sbp back up is effortless just install and do a full back up!!

the facebook file on the windows root method i would assume u just copy is to u sd card and paste it back after u reflash ur device !
the spb back way is possibly the easyist and safest!!
Of course now the update I want to do is a big update and says "DO NOT use restored backups from SPB Backup, etc."
Old 12-30-2009, 06:44 PM

yeah it was saying dont use a full back u probly would have any problems if u backed u pim, messages and custom files(ie the facebook files) just dont backup the regitory!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2