PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 Sprint
Carrier: Perfectum

nurbek02 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Can I use HTC Touch Pro2 Sprint with my local CDMA carrier?

Guys, please help me.
I'm from Uzbekistan.
I bought my Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 2 days ago from ebay.
I want to use it with my local CDMA carrier.
GSM worked without any problem, and it also supports 3G here. No problem with that.
But I also want to use it with local CDMA carrier.
My previous phone was HTC Diamond CDMA and it worked with the carrier here. But I think it was unlocked one.
Do I have to unlock something in TP2?
How do I do it?
Thank you in advance!
Old 12-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Can I use HTC Touch Pro2 Sprint with my local CDMA carrier?

First of all please post it in the correct section. This section is only for ROM upgrades and such.

To answer your question, it depends. If your carrier supports having the phone "worked" on using certain software (can't mention it here) and have the authority to authorize the ESN of the phone into their network then I guess it'll be just fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nurbek02 is a n00b

I'm sorry I didn't pay attention.
Gonna post it there too.
There won't be any problem with ESN as there wasn't any with my HTC Diamond CDMA.
But then do I have to unlock anything in my TP2?
Last time when I took my HTC Diamond2 the tech guys requested $50 to unlock it. Then I talked to them through my friend who asked them to do it for free.
Sorry I'm completely noob. And I don't want to pay any extra cost.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:08 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nurbek02 is a n00b

My previous Diamond CDMA worked perfectly with local carrier.
But when I installed Sprint ROM onto my Sprint Mogul, the tech guys in the carrier's office couldn't register the phone on the cdma network. I guess it was locked then. That's why I wonder if CDMA radio or whatever on the TP2 is also locked.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm guessing it will work if you ahd a previous phone that worked. My understanding is Sprint phones are not locked. You may need to have your tech guys put all the right configurations on it though for it to work.

Just flash one of the ROMS with no carrier provisioning, or a generic ROM that isn't tied to any specific carrier.

By the way, the software used to provision phones for another network is totally legit and legal. not sure why someone else said they couldn't mention it here but I will. It's called houdinisoft and you can get it from:
http://www.houdinisoft.com/

But I don't know if your carrier is one of the ones built into it or not. So you might have to manually enter settings and such. But the software should walk you through it and you can get the settings from your carrier's support. Maybe email houdinisoft and ask them if it will work for you first...
Old 01-03-2010, 10:31 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I'm guessing it will work if you ahd a previous phone that worked. My understanding is Sprint phones are not locked. You may need to have your tech guys put all the right configurations on it though for it to work.

Just flash one of the ROMS with no carrier provisioning, or a generic ROM that isn't tied to any specific carrier.

By the way, the software used to provision phones for another network is totally legit and legal. not sure why someone else said they couldn't mention it here but I will. It's called houdinisoft and you can get it from:
http://www.houdinisoft.com/

But I don't know if your carrier is one of the ones built into it or not. So you might have to manually enter settings and such. But the software should walk you through it and you can get the settings from your carrier's support. Maybe email houdinisoft and ask them if it will work for you first...
I dunno I thought you had to unlock Sprint phones to work on another network...I have a Sprint TP1 (cdma) and had to unlock it so I could then flash it to work on Cricket (cdma carrier).

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobaby69 View Post
I dunno I thought you had to unlock Sprint phones to work on another network...I have a Sprint TP1 (cdma) and had to unlock it so I could then flash it to work on Cricket (cdma carrier).
Yeah it might be locked. I don't know if they are locked or not. I don't think Sprint will give him any trouble if he calls them to unlock it though.

He should post in the Spint section over at howard forums. There are a bunch of Sprint employees over there and someone will probably unlock it for him if he needs it unlocked.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:15 AM
You will NEVER know...

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

He can also unlock it himself but I dont know if a GSM phone is compatible to work on a CDMA network. From what lil bit of knowledge I have you can't...I may be wrong...also he might want to ask over on xda cuz I was told they deal more with GSM over there.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:54 AM
You will NEVER know...

question to one of my buddies.....Hey can a gsm tp2 be unlocked to use on a cdma (not cricket) carrier?

His answer....Nope can only do it on sprint, verizon and uscellular cdma world edditions tmobile version has no cdma components in it and is gsm only

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2