PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 08:11 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch pro2 on Tmobile...anyone?

I have a tp1 that I flashed to work on Cricket...I hate the darn thing! Keyboard issues, slow as molases wap, unable to use many aspects of the phone etc etc.
I am seriously considering going to Tmobile (my mom and kids are on it and she said she would put me on too...my credits lousy so cant get by without a huge deposit anywhere else) So I have a few questions for anyone who already has the tp2 on Tmobile.
1) What features are not available for tp2 on tmob? I was reading something about no streaming video and no mobile tv?
2) Are there any keyboard issues like with tp1...pisses me off that I have to keep paying to have mine fixed grrrr!
3) I have been reading about the HD2 also...would you give up your tp2 for the HD2?
4) How much truth is there to the stuff I read about tmobs so-called crappy 3g network?
5) Does the lack of flash really matter to you?
6) What about no soft reset hole?
7) Truth or opinion that the camera sucks? I like the one on my tp1 and thought the tp2 had comperable or better?
I can prolly come up with a few hundred more questions ;~P anyone? Thanks!

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?

Last edited by Psychobaby; 12-29-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: left out some questions
Old 12-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Touch pro2 on Tmobile...anyone?

I think you might get better answers for this over at XDA as they are more focused on GSM. no that there is a shortage of TP2 expert's here but there is a ton more focused on the GSM version there.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

well to start off i have the tp2 on tmobile..and while i do enjoy the tp2 tmobile coverage at my house sucks.. so im going back to sprint..

that being said..

1.) U can do anything on th tp2 from tmobile. that u can do on the other versions..
2.) u can stream tv and audio ( provided u have 3g coverage ) or wifi around..
3.) keyboard is the best thing bout the tp2.
5.) the lack of flash doesnt bother me. as i dont care too much for cell phone cams anyway.. they are go for quick on the go shots thats bout it.

6.) tmobile version has the reset hole on the side,..

I do enjoy the tmobile version of the tp2.. but the roaming and no signal at my house ( i live out in the country,, 3g is 35 miles away also..) is why im going back to sprint...

hope that helps alittle,
Old 12-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Owwww a test!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobaby69 View Post
1) What features are not available for tp2 on tmob? I was reading something about no streaming video and no mobile tv?

- Not sure

2) Are there any keyboard issues like with tp1...pisses me off that I have to keep paying to have mine fixed grrrr!

- Dont think so, not on mine

3) I have been reading about the HD2 also...would you give up your tp2 for the HD2?

- Probably, i've found I dont really need the keyboard.

4) How much truth is there to the stuff I read about tmobs so-called crappy 3g network?

- You have fam on it now you can always try theirs to see

- Skyfire has flash and Opera 10 has limited so no
If you mean flash for photos then no as well as the camera sucks (ok its not that great but works)

- Sucks to remove the cover but its simple and usually not needed.

7) Truth or opinion that the camera sucks? I like the one on my tp1 and thought the tp2 had comparable or better?

- For the price it could be better.

I can prolly come up with a few hundred more questions!

- Use the forum search first to reduce this number

Old 12-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can't use MyPlayer to stream video. You can use SkyFire to though (Hulu still stubborn about that thought).

I'm not sure of exactly what keyboard issues you're talking about but the TP2 has the best one on the market today. And the one made for T-Mobile has the Control key, which others are vastly jealous of.

Nope. I love and need the physical keyboard and would sacrifice a slightly smaller screen and slightly better processor for one. HD2 has only the virtual keyboard.

T-mobile has not the best coverage in terms of 3G, but if you only find yourself in those zones already covered, do you really care? The 3G speed, when you're in a zone, is very dependable. They just added 200 million pops to their 3G coverage in 4 months, with more to follow. They also have been installing HSDPA+ (sometimes referred to as 3.5G or 3G+) coverage as they are doing it, with the anticipation in 1-2 months that it all will be switched on, making for a 7.2 Mbps download max compared to 1-2 Mbps on everyone's normal 3G connection. Let me know what city/village you're at and I can give you the updated 3G coverage (since the coverage map online for T-Mobile 3G has not been updated).

You get used to it, but don't plan on taking thousands of pictures with this camera. You really have to rely on environmental light to get anything good, and even then , the quality is bad. It may just serve basic purposes.

There is one and I use it all the time. Another reason for the other cats to be envious.

7) Truth or opinion that the camera sucks? I like the one on my tp1 and thought the tp2 had comperable or better?
Camera does suck. But it's manageable.

Bottom line: go into a T-Mobile store and mess around with it for 30 minutes at least. Don't listen to the guys that work there; they will only want to push newer models or anything with Android on it because it's all they know. Do whatever you want to the demo model in the store. Connect online, download, install. They won't know or care because they'll be too busy selling the MyTouch 3G. Feel free to continue to ask more questions, but make sure to do the research and try it out!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:03 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I have a tp1 that I flashed to work on Cricket...I hate the darn thing! Keyboard issues, slow as molases wap, unable to use many aspects of the phone etc etc.
I am seriously considering going to Tmobile (my mom and kids are on it and she said she would put me on too...my credits lousy so cant get by without a huge deposit anywhere else) So I have a few questions for anyone who already has the tp2 on Tmobile.

streams great with 3g and also edge..

No keyboard issues its a dreamm (i myself had sprints tp1)... yet atleast after 2 months.. I made the switch to tmoble

Not to sure since winmo 7 wont be out till late 2010 if that and new phones will be out and I need a keyboard I think.

There 3g isnt very expanded, but I get great 3g where I live, 4 bars Hsdpa... And all around town so depends where ya live check ya map in your area..

No Biggie to me

As mentioned it has one.

I think the camera is just as good if not better IMO

I can prolly come up with a few hundred more questions ;~P anyone? Thanks!
Also if you want one and dont have service yet, there cheap here, like free cheap http://www.wmdeals.com use the windows mobile code

Last edited by Dragon2; 12-29-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The best things about T-Mobile when it comes to Touch Pro 2...

1. No extra charges for tethering plans
2. Unlimited data means unlimited data (unless you're downloading torrents, but then you should be shot anyway)
3. One of the lowest priced providers in terms of plans and options
4. Great customer service
5. No barring and banning of hardware and software (with the exception of the FM radio they just didn't install the software too - otherwise, they didn't completely block it, and they unlock GPS easy for you)

I'm stuck with T-Mobile for one main reason and that's the helpfulness they were during my Treo 600 days. They would just send me a new one, whether I cracked my screen or not.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

only if this is an option, get a sprint tp2 and sim unlock it. then you can have sprint/t-mobile/at&t at your service.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:58 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Hey! You guys rock! Thank you for all the answers and info...I know I am asking a lot of questions but my puters trashed and I have to use my phone for everything and my tp1 on Cricket ain't cuttin it...bout to take a sledge hammer to it lol..!Oh and I live in Tempe, Arizona.
I did go into tmob and played with one and really liked it and yup the guy was trying to push the my toucj and also the clique. Told him I like windows mobile thank you very much lol.
And my moms Dash does get web up WAY quivker than I can get with my tp even lol...tryin to talk her into upgrading to tp2 also!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Told him I like windows mobile thank you very much lol.
+7 YEAH BABY!

Which city in Arizona?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2