PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any hardware issues?

Hey guys...got a question for ya.

I have a Touch Pro and am getting sick of all the hardware issues I've had with it (I'm now on my 3rd, possibly going on 4th TP in less than a year, all under warranty). I'd like to try the TP2 (really like the way they look and must stick with a hard keyboard) but want to be sure the hardware is a little better. Anyone having any problems? I would be buying from someplace other than Sprint so I won't have warranty and doubt they'll insure it, so I'll be on my own.

Thanks in advance!

(PS, not too concerned about OS as I will probably end up with the MightyROM or something)
Old 12-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Any hardware issues?

Clearly I should have searched before posting....

What I've gathered is the rainbow screen and USB from people using the wrong cable...does that sum it up? No keyboards dying?

What is the deal with the multi color screen? Is this fixable by the user or when you get it, "that's that"??
Old 12-28-2009, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

laymanspc is keeping up the good worklaymanspc is keeping up the good work

I got my phone at the end of November. It has a gimpy C key. Gotta press on it very hard to get a C out of it. Been that way since day one,, I'm just waiting on the store to get me a replacement.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i've had 9 tps since new in 10/08. i've had 1 tp2 since 10/09. the tp2 is what the tp should have been, minus the d-pad and camera flash.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i also had 9 tps in few months less then a year .... what a P.O.S. that phone design was .. i love my tp2 .. few things could b better but overall i am pleased. i am debating on ditching tf3d 2 check out the spb mobile shell ... most reasons i change phone around is boredom n im always playin with this darn thing lol
Old 12-28-2009, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor

I had five (six really, but Vzw sent it to some random address and I never got it) TPs and they were awful. The only quirk I've noticed hardware-wise with the TP2 (and maybe it's software), is that once in a blue moon right when you open a text message and get ready to reply it turns off the screen. It's not turning off the screen from inactivity; in fact, this usually happens right after turning the screen on, so it appears to be a slight bug. My TP2 also periodically dumps long text threads, which I assume is a likely ROM issue.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

src666 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by laymanspc View Post
I got my phone at the end of November. It has a gimpy C key. Gotta press on it very hard to get a C out of it. Been that way since day one,, I'm just waiting on the store to get me a replacement.
I hope this isn't common. I just got mine this week and the C key is also gimped. Was going to call Sprint for a replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2