PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thepres070 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPRINT MMS **FIXED** Working on Mighty's Impact 12/28/09!!

Ok folks, here it is... I love MMS, I love Mighty's Rom
[Thanks Mike!] and I love Manila 2.5! What sucks is the MMS capability or lack thereof...

Manila 2.1> Used WM tmail by default and was attached to Manila Messaging tab. We were able to use HTC messaging for SMS and WM tmail for MMS seamlessly. GREAT STUFF!

Manila 2.5> Jataayu Messaging introduced and unless I am mistaken, the only way to use MMS on Sprint was to disable HTC messaging which in turn completely removed the SMS threading from within Manila all together [That's what it always did to mine and frankly it is irritating]

Ok, here's the fix that I found [Or so it seems] Remember this is for SPRINT USERS ONLY Verizon already has been fixed by Ziggy471 see this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...101286&page=36

Follow the steps below and this should work for you too... Arcsoft isn't the best, but it is better than none @ all

1. Install Arcsoft 5.0.94.128c cab below [RESET]
2. Install Zenyee HTC Messaging Disable 1.2 cab below [RESET]
3. Make the following changes to the registry...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\JATAAYU\MESSAGING\MMS\Profile\GSM
Connection Type=2
MMSCURL=http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
Port=80
Send Limit=5120
HKLM\SOFTWARE\JATAAYU\MESSAGING\MMS\Network
MMS Preferred Network=1
SMS Preferred Network=1
HKLM\SOFTWARE\JATAAYU\MESSAGING\MMS\Profiles\000
Connection Type=1
MMSCURL=http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms?MDN-VZW=(Your 10 Digit Phone Number)
Port=80
Send Limit=5120
HKLM\SOFTWARE\JATAAYU\MESSAGING\MMS\SP
UAProfile=http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
UserAgent=(Your 10 Digit Phone Number)
HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\HTCMessagin\Compose
ExecPathName=Tmail.exe

I have included a registry screenshot of all of the tmail settings throughout the registry cause there are too many to type

I may have missed something cause it was about 1:30 in the morning and I wanted to test it all day before posting to make sure that it works. Like I said, it isn't native Manila Messaging, but it was good enough for Manila 2.1 and that's good enough to get us through until 2.5 is completely figured out.

Thanks to anyone who I missed!!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: SPRINT MMS **FIXED** Working on Mighty's Impact 12/28/09!!

Not to be rude but everyone knows about this, we are trying to get it to work without disabling htc messaging and its in the wrong section it should be in general tp2. Ill press thanks anyway for the attempt.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

so u are still disabling the HTC messaging app correct?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

got my hopes up for nothing. lol. u can always do the hybrid method as well adding .htc to hklm/system/inbox/external accts/sms thats off the top of my head since im posting via opera mini but i think thats right
Old 12-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Almost a VIP

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
so u are still disabling the HTC messaging app correct?
If you are installing Zenyee disable cab then yes.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
Not to be rude but everyone knows about this, we are trying to get it to work without disabling htc messaging and its in the wrong section it should be in general tp2. Ill press thanks anyway for the attempt.
+1

They said 2.5 doesn't have landscape. Now we do. They are saying MMS doesn't work with HTC. One day it will. We have some great minds here.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:56 PM
VIP Member

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

thats dumb. all you gotta do is a simple regedit to enable the native wm app for sms/mms. then install your arcsoft and away you go.

been doing this since Juicy R1 with sprint and i can send and recieve my mms via wm app. while still using htc messaging for txt all without crippling my people and txt tab in manilla.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
thats dumb. all you gotta do is a simple regedit to enable the native wm app for sms/mms. then install your arcsoft and away you go.

been doing this since Juicy R1 with sprint and i can send and recieve my mms via wm app. while still using htc messaging for txt all without crippling my people and txt tab in manilla.
There is a way to use wm native for mms and htc for sms?
Old 12-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

thepres070 is just getting started

Quote:

My Apologies for being dumb, I guess I should have read a little farther through the 1000's of posts. I never found a thread that stated where to enable/disable this and still retain HTC SMS. I am sure there is one, but for us "noobs" this one will be easy to find for a while
Old 12-30-2009, 12:09 AM
VIP Member

you have to do more "your" way to get it working while you cripple your sms and people tab depending on how you have your favorites set up.

the way i spoke of is simple as can be. in addition you can setup htc messaging to where it will recieve on sprint. So all you need is the native wm app for sending.

i posted the directions for this way on the 1st few pages of mightys project roms thread.

edit; http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=65

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
arcsoft, fix, messaging, mms, sprint