PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:21 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Is Having SenseUI 2.5 Worth Not Having Landscape Support??

As the title says, i love the look of senseui 2.5 but not sure on having it full time since the touch pro 2 is a qwerty device. Just wanted to hear your thoughts and opinions on this... is it worth it or not???
Old 12-26-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

InsomniacJedi is keeping up the good workInsomniacJedi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is Having SenseUI 2.5 Worth Not Having Landscape Support??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
As the title says, i love the look of senseui 2.5 but not sure on having it full time since the touch pro 2 is a qwerty device. Just wanted to hear your thoughts and opinions on this... is it worth it or not???
Just the sense screens won't work in landscape. Any program that supports landscape will run in landscape.

That being said, I switched to 2.5 today using Juicy's ROM and I love it. The lack of landscape in most of the HTC screens isn't that big a deal to me. The Music and Photos tabs will work with landscape though and that is enough for me. Also, internet should work in landscape, I think.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:28 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I don't mind not having the Landscape. Although I do have Rotostrains fix installed and still have some form of Landscape on all tabs anyway.

As noted above, all apps. that have always worked in Landscape, still do work in landscape just fine.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 12-26-2009, 06:31 PM
MikeElGiga23

thanx for the imput guys. im fully aware that in the home tabs is where most issues begins, but how bout the second level when it comes to deepness within SenseUI? does it work or just in some cases? example: HTC SMS, Contacts, Twitter Peep app, etc.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:40 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
thanx for the imput guys. im fully aware that in the home tabs is where most issues begins, but how bout the second level when it comes to deepness within SenseUI? does it work or just in some cases? example: HTC SMS, Contacts, Twitter Peep app, etc.

They all work with a few graphical anomolies(nothing terrible), with Rotostrains' Landscape fix.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

dfshadow is just getting started

it's not as much the no landscape support on those few tabs as it as the phone's sluggishness that will bug the shit out of you
Old 12-26-2009, 06:44 PM
"MODS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfshadow View Post
it's not as much the no landscape support on those few tabs as it as the phone's sluggishness that will bug the shit out of you

That was how I felt with a couple 2.5 roms I was on. But I have to admit, after trying NRG 2.5 Leo with Landscape fix and no Dusk or MaxManila, I have changed my mind completely. It runs great for me!
Old 12-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

It's worth it to me. 2.1 is just lacking in so many areas.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:30 PM
MikeElGiga23

downloading energyrom now to see how it goes..... anyone have any experience in a speedier sense 2.5 in another rom???
Old 12-26-2009, 07:41 PM
"MODS"

Quote:
downloading energyrom now to see how it goes..... anyone have any experience in a speedier sense 2.5 in another rom???

I know you probably want other opinions, besides mine, but I have yet to see a faster, more stable 2.5 rom. I've tried my share. It is fast, stable, and no details have been left out really. Just very thorough rom build, all around!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2