PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New to TouchFlo please help

Hello all

Just got my first smartphone and am coming of a V60s.

I have had PDA’s before and am quite computer knowledgeable but this TouchFlo thing for navigation is driving me crazy.

I don’t know quite how to describe it but for me, as I try to use the use my finger on the screen scrolling thing to navigate to something I want I am constantly activating something I don’t want.

For instance I want to scroll down the list of contacts I have and in trying to get to the one I want I always end up activating one I don’t, then I have to back out and start all over again because it goes back to the top of the list. Then I do it again and again and again.

Quite frankly I can believe how sensitive this is as it’s unbelievably annoying.

So is there anyway to adjust this or set any settings so that I can scroll though stuff with out activating or selecting something so easily?

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: New to TouchFlo please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Hello all

Just got my first smartphone and am coming of a V60s.

I have had PDA’s before and am quite computer knowledgeable but this TouchFlo thing for navigation is driving me crazy.

I don’t know quite how to describe it but for me, as I try to use the use my finger on the screen scrolling thing to navigate to something I want I am constantly activating something I don’t want.

For instance I want to scroll down the list of contacts I have and in trying to get to the one I want I always end up activating one I don’t, then I have to back out and start all over again because it goes back to the top of the list. Then I do it again and again and again.

Quite frankly I can believe how sensitive this is as it’s unbelievably annoying.

So is there anyway to adjust this or set any settings so that I can scroll though stuff with out activating or selecting something so easily?

Thanks for any help.
One thing I do is use "HD Tweaks" or "WVGA Tweaks"(same thing) to set my sensitivity on touch flo. Another thing I don't do is use all the stupid tabs. I delete most of them and only need touch what I want, not needing to slide. I don't use the fav tab, I prefer to use the contacts file, much quicker and more solid imho. Between here and xda there are numerous tweaks that can be applied to get you where you want to be regarding just about anything winmo.
Winmo is an acquired taste and can take some getting used to. Don't expect to be great at it right from the get go. It's an awesome platform tho and it's never boring. If even a hint of boredom sets in for me I just throw a diff rom or change it around. I don't know of any other os that is so completely changeable and customizable. Expect to make some mistakes and hard resets will def be in your future. Just read and learn. Your in the right place for info.
And without any hesitation Do,DO,Do, try SPB's mobile shell for a fantastic new ui experience. The trial is free. Some people never go back to tf3d.
Good Luck!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i experienced somthing similar. it took a little time 2 get used 2 tf3d but if u apply a little more pressure on the screen u may have more luck.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i experienced somthing similar. it took a little time 2 get used 2 tf3d but if u apply a little more pressure on the screen u may have more luck.
+1..whenever I let someone check out my phone, they seem to be too ginger with the touchscreen. Always sliding and clicking stuff they don't want. Just apply a little more pressure. Obviously don't jam on the thing, but you don't need to baby it either.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 12-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular
Threadstarter

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey guys and thanks for the replies

Yeah I see that using a bit more pressure seems to help a tad but its no guarantee by any means.

So at this point there’s no area in the OS that has any settings for this stuff.

I think I’ve been through most of it but I couldn’t find anything that was at least in regards to this.

Also, I will take a look at the HD Tweaks" & "WVGA Tweaks” things and at SPB's mobile shell but one thing that I should have mentioned is that, I am planning if I don’t find any real use for this thing and it continues to aggravate me will be to chuck it back to Verizon and so far that’s looking pretty likely as if I don’t I know me and either it will get chucked to them or against the wall.

So I am concerned about changing things permanently or at least trace-ably.

I know I asked about basically a reg hack and I’m gonna make a post in regards to that but I’m just wondering about a full install of those products and was why I was really hoping there would be something more native to the OS for this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2