PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Dec. 19 MightyROM TP2 froze at the Enter Passwod screen & now wont hard-reset/respond

Hi everyone - Merry Christmas

I have the Dec. 19th MightyROM on my TP2, which until today has been working excellent - in a nutshell, I went to unlock my phone as usual by using the slider and then typed in my 4 number key code, and was told the password was incorrect, and after 8 or 9 soft resets, now the password screen won't even respond... the phone is completely froze and non responsive.

I tried every combination I could think of for doing a hard reset... because I understand with custom ROM's or with technology in general, these things happen (just stinks that it was on Christmas morning and I couldn't take pictures or send texts etc), but was unable.

Is there any way I am not aware of that I can do an emergency hard-reset back to a clean Dec. 19th MightyROM? I can't get past the Enter Password screen, and I've already missed out on a lot of the day because of it and knew this was the place to come for some great answers!

Thanks so much, and Merry Christmas!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 12-25-2009, 05:55 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Dec. 19 MightyROM TP2 froze at the Enter Passwod screen & now wont hard-reset/res

i havent done it but someone could correct me if im wrong...

to do a hard reset dont you take the batt out... put the batt back in then hold...power/down volume/ end key.... all at once

that should give you a hard reset screen

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Re: Dec. 19 MightyROM TP2 froze at the Enter Passwod screen & now wont hard-reset/res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
i havent done it but someone could correct me if im wrong...

to do a hard reset dont you take the batt out... put the batt back in then hold...power/down volume/ end key.... all at once

that should give you a hard reset screen
That's the first thing I tried, but since it is in the "Enter Password" screen, it will not respond to anything other than entering a password; it's locked basically, like an MP3 player when you put it in your pocket so none of the keys will be hit or songs skipped if a button is accidentally pushed.

The only solutions I can think of now... would be 1) take out battery for a soft reset, but while phone is turning on, BEFORE the entire password prompt screen, somehow doing a hard reset or entering bootloader screen.... OR, 2) Hooking up to PC via activesync and RE-flashing the MightyROM?

Would any of these work? Thanks!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Hi everyone - Merry Christmas

I have the Dec. 19th MightyROM on my TP2, which until today has been working excellent - in a nutshell, I went to unlock my phone as usual by using the slider and then typed in my 4 number key code, and was told the password was incorrect, and after 8 or 9 soft resets, now the password screen won't even respond... the phone is completely froze and non responsive.

I tried every combination I could think of for doing a hard reset... because I understand with custom ROM's or with technology in general, these things happen (just stinks that it was on Christmas morning and I couldn't take pictures or send texts etc), but was unable.

Is there any way I am not aware of that I can do an emergency hard-reset back to a clean Dec. 19th MightyROM? I can't get past the Enter Password screen, and I've already missed out on a lot of the day because of it and knew this was the place to come for some great answers!

Thanks so much, and Merry Christmas!

This happen to me on Nrgz i just looked up hard reset on htc webiste which was hold send key and end key then press the vol down this should bring up the bootloader screen and you press up 2 hard reset
Old 12-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownholder View Post
This happen to me on Nrgz i just looked up hard reset on htc webiste which was hold send key and end key then press the vol down this should bring up the bootloader screen and you press up 2 hard reset
Thanks, that's what I tried first but it wouldn't respond to any keys since it was in password mode and essentially locked...

I did however just find a way (I believe, it is still restarting and 'preparing for first use' which is a good sign) to trick the phone into doing a hard reset.

I pulled out the battery, then re-inserted it, held down the end/sleep button at the same time, it started in Bootloader mode, and I simply had 2 choiced: 1) Reset to Factory settings, or 2) Reset to customer configuration.

I had/have no idea what the difference is between the two, because I thought I totally wiped the Verizon Factory settings when I flashed to the MightyROM Dec. 19th version, but my only guess would be Volume up would be back to Verizon and Volume down would be back to a freshly flashed MightyROM?

Anyway - I selected Volume down, and it is in the process of installing and going through a few automatic soft-resets now...

If anyone can clarify what the difference between using Volume Up and Volume Down on the Bootloader screen was, I'd appreciate it - just out of curiosity is all. THANKS!

EDIT: SUCCESS! The phone just went through all 2 or 3 soft-resets and installed MightyROM and is not operations and does not request a password! AWESOME. (I chose the Volume Down options as I mentioned earlier, to "Reset to Custom Configuration")
Old 12-25-2009, 07:52 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

glad you got it all worked out.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
glad you got it all worked out.
Thanks me too! I was a little confused though because after the hard reset I had to dial *228 (Verizon) to reprogram phone - which I never remember doing before with a hard reset; but after that, installing the .cab for Verizon provisioning, and installing the .cab for the JooJoo MMS fix - I was off and running like new!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownholder View Post
Thanks again for your help, I ended up doing a variation of this, but for selected the 2nd option which was Volume Down - "Reset to Custom Configuration," which got me a little confused; but if you'll read my post above everything worked out just fine. I just wanted to know what that difference is/would have been, if I selected Volume Up, in stead of down.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

s2k-rob is a n00b

this also happen to me om mighty rom . I just put it into the bootloader and reflashed it.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2k-rob View Post
this also happen to me om mighty rom . I just put it into the bootloader and reflashed it.
Do you have to re-program your phone after re-flashing? Do you choose reset to custom configuration or the other reset option by using either volume up or volume down?

One re-flash every month isn't so bad I guess... with Microsoft MyPhone and saving my Opera6 .adr file for favorites on my internal microSD card I can get it up and running to normal pretty fast.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2