PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp 2
Carrier: verizon

DLambert65 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Trouble getting started

Hello everyone,

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question, but I don't have much choice. I'm new to all this and am completely lost.

After waiting for my kids to receive their new phones, my fiance and I FINALLY activated our TP2(s). Well, his is working perfectly; put the discs in, attached his TP2 and got everything he needed. Mine, on the other hand is acting crazy!
It will work in wifi mode, but for some reason, I was unable to establish my 3G connection. Not only that, but it seems to have fried my computer. (He did his on his laptop, I did mine on my laptop.)
Not only did my data service not "install," for lack of a better word, but now my laptop gives me a "dependency service or group did not start" error. My computer will not let Windows run, nor will it recognize the wifi connection we have via a Netgear router.
Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

D.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:03 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: Trouble getting started

have you tried starting your computer in safe mode? sounds like something might have borked a required service or something.
as for your phone, sometimes it takes up to an hour to provision and data to work and if it doesn't, your next step would be to call verizon
Old 12-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DLambert65 is a n00b

Thank you. I will give it a try.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

physicsguy is just getting started

Are you still on Verizon's stock ROM? Did you try performing a hard reset (clear storage) and reactivating the phone by calling *228?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DLambert65 is a n00b

Thank you both for your replies.

I called Verizon, and as I suspected, it was so simple, it's embarrassing. The rep had me remove the battery and put it back in. She called it a "soft reset." Slapped the battery cover back on and I was back in 3G.

At 45, I just finished my first two years in college. ALL of this technology is so new to me and a bit overwhelming. Thank God for this forum. I'm learning so much here, but please forgive me if my questions seem a bit silly. I'm just trying to catch up with the rest of the world. lol

As for the computer, I am going to try restarting is in safe mode right now. Wish me luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2