PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 11:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

miguel11691 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quich question about the weather on the phone?

I love on some roms that when the weather updates lets say its raining my screen has water on it and then it starts to wipe it off... Does mighty rom have that... i love using his rom but i cant see those animations that i saw on juiceys roms... sorry if this a noob post but i havent had a windows mobile phone in 3 years....
Old 12-23-2009, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

whetzel is becoming a great contributor
Re: Quich question about the weather on the phone?

That's a feature specific to the Sense UI.

Mighty has some ROM's that he did just for the fun of it that have the Sense UI, but if you want a solid ROM instead of eye candy you should stick with Manila 2.1.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

All of Mighty's are running 6.5 so they do have them. If you're running his 6.5 sense 2.1 and you want the weather animations on the home screen, you need to disable the wallpaper that he includes by going to the settings tab and click wallpaper and hit yes to use stock wallpaper. If you want the animations and to use custom wallpaper, there's cabs floating around his thread for background for all (bg4all cabs), just use one of those. The other rom's he has in the project rom thread do the same, just search in those threads and you'll find the info you're looking for.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The feature is there in Mighty's ROM (after setting default wallpaper) like users have mentioned above, but the animations on the home screen don't kick in unless I manually click on something (like the start menu) first to trigger them.

Does anyone know how to trigger these animations to start themselves automatically?
Old 12-24-2009, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

whetzel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
The feature is there in Mighty's ROM (after setting default wallpaper) like users have mentioned above, but the animations on the home screen don't kick in unless I manually click on something (like the start menu) first to trigger them.

Does anyone know how to trigger these animations to start themselves automatically?
Interesting. I just tried it and you're right. I didn't know that was included in the MightyROM.

I'm not sure how to get it to start automatically though. IIRC, it was like that when I was running the Juicy R6 ROM too. You had to click on start and close back out to get it to animate.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

In Mighty's ROM if you click on the taskmanager drop down and close it out, it will restart the animations. Basically, you're restarting the home screen which is when the animations will start, the snow starts falling, clouds roll in, the sun shines, rain falls with the wipers going, etc. You just need to get it restarted.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
In Mighty's ROM if you click on the taskmanager drop down and close it out, it will restart the animations. Basically, you're restarting the home screen which is when the animations will start, the snow starts falling, clouds roll in, the sun shines, rain falls with the wipers going, etc. You just need to get it restarted.
Thanks, but is there no way for it to trigger automatically?

Even when I choose a different tab in TouchFlo (like stocks, for example) then go back to the main tab, it does the mini animation right by the clock, but the main animation (clouds, wipers, etc.) still don't start unless I click the start menu et. al.

EDIT: Looks like Mighty himself says it ins't possible without clicking the start menu, task manager, etc.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=6929)

Last edited by biff6789; 12-24-2009 at 12:35 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2