PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Charbe555 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Sprint Touch Pro2 ROM update questions. I'm a noob bear with me lol

Okay so I'm new to all of this. I have a bunch of questions.

1) I tried that RhodiumW-HardSPL unlocker so that I can unlock my Touch pro 2 but my computer won't let me extract the files. It keeps saying some bloodhound.w32.ep virus is infecting my computer. How do I get it to stop?

2) the rom that I'm gonna be using is Miri WM6.5 21885 V9.0 Manila 2.5
does anyone have any experience with it?how is it with battery life?

3) what type of micro sd card is best to buy if I'm going to be flashing roms via microsd card.

4) can someone pleeaase give me a link for the mms fix and the keyboard difference fix and any other cab that would help make the rom better. Thankyou(:
Old 12-22-2009, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 ROM update questions. I'm a noob bear with me lol

Can't help you with the hspl issue, have you ran a virus scan? Or post in the HSPL thread and see if someone there can assist. I've never heard of that ROM, but again, post in the original thread and read about it to get a better idea from the chef and other users. I would recommend a class 6 card if you can, and read the thread about flashing from SD card to make sure it's formatted correct. As far as cabs to help the ROM better and MMS fixes, you really need to see what's included in the ROM and what works and doesn't work with how the chef built it. Good luck.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbe555 View Post

1) I tried that RhodiumW-HardSPL unlocker so that I can unlock my Touch pro 2 but my computer won't let me extract the files. It keeps saying some bloodhound.w32.ep virus is infecting my computer. How do I get it to stop?

3) what type of micro sd card is best to buy if I'm going to be flashing roms via microsd card.

4) can someone pleeaase give me a link for the mms fix and the keyboard difference fix and any other cab that would help make the rom better. Thankyou(:
1. that has happened in the past with older hspl! its known to sometimes have false positives!!

2. never heard of that rom for some one new i would recommend something more common like might mikes roms or if u are into 6.1 my rom will drop soon!!

3. class 6 but and thing will work micro sd and micro hcsd!!

4. i stopped using 2.5 roms until the fix is cooked in so i cant help u there!! the kb fix for mighty mikes rom is on his rom page!! also the tweaks package will make ur phone better!!

Old 12-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Charbe555 is a n00b
Smile Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 ROM update questions. I'm a noob bear with me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Can't help you with the hspl issue, have you ran a virus scan? Or post in the HSPL thread and see if someone there can assist. I've never heard of that ROM, but again, post in the original thread and read about it to get a better idea from the chef and other users. I would recommend a class 6 card if you can, and read the thread about flashing from SD card to make sure it's formatted correct. As far as cabs to help the ROM better and MMS fixes, you really need to see what's included in the ROM and what works and doesn't work with how the chef built it. Good luck.
okay so which ROM do you recommend?I want one that has the weather animations in the background for the first few seconds. And it has to have the white flip clock and the extra 3 boxes under the calendar for quick access to things. So in other words a Leo rom that's pretty compatible with the SPRINT touch pro 2
Thanks. And can you please give me the keyboard fix link I've been looking all day.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:32 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbe555 View Post

1. You have to disable your antivirus to run the unlocker. it will always cause a false positive if you're using norton and some others
  2. that's a GSM ROM... do not flash to your sprint phone!
  3. as long as it's at least 1gb and formatted to fat32, anything will work fine
  4. typically, the keyboard fixes for the different roms are in the threads. for sprint mms, i like this version of arcsoft

Last edited by strra; 12-23-2009 at 10:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Charbe555 is a n00b
Question Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 ROM update questions. I'm a noob bear with me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
  1. You have to disable your antivirus to run the unlocker. it will always cause a false positive if you're using norton and some others
  2. that's a GSM ROM... do not flash to your sprint phone!
  3. as long as it's at least 1gb and formatted to fat32, anything will work fine
  4. typically, the keyboard fixes for the different roms are in the threads. for sprint mms, i like this version of arcsoft
thankyou so much. tht wouldve been horrible if i flashed that. i found another one i like its by nrgz its an energy leo rom 21885. ill try that and see if arcsoft works thanks.

one more question. how do you flash a cab by micro sd card? thats the only thing that still puzzles me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2