PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 2
Carrier: o2

mystic_man4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NOOB - HTC Touch 2 - Firmware

Hi,

I have recently bought the "HTC Touch 2" on contract from T-Mobile. I wanted to put my o2 sim card in the phone so had to pay for the unlock code which has worked fine.

The problem I have is that the phone menu's / internet pages are all T-Mobile related. I would much rather have the standard HTC Touch 2 menu and unbranded internet provider. It also prevents me from changing a couple of settings.

I understand that I can fix all of this by upgrading the firmware (maybe back to HTC standard). Can any one please supply me with some information on what needs to be done here. I have seen the term ROM used before (and custom ones) but not sure if this is the same thing.

Many thanks,
Dave
Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: NOOB - HTC Touch 2 - Firmware

not sure i understand. you wanting o2 software installed, or just a nice custom rom. if you want a custom rom, try unlocking and going to the gsm upgrade forum and flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic_man4 View Post
Hi,

I have recently bought the "HTC Touch 2" on contract from T-Mobile. I wanted to put my o2 sim card in the phone so had to pay for the unlock code which has worked fine.

The problem I have is that the phone menu's / internet pages are all T-Mobile related. I would much rather have the standard HTC Touch 2 menu and unbranded internet provider. It also prevents me from changing a couple of settings.

I understand that I can fix all of this by upgrading the firmware (maybe back to HTC standard). Can any one please supply me with some information on what needs to be done here. I have seen the term ROM used before (and custom ones) but not sure if this is the same thing.

Many thanks,
Dave

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 12-22-2009, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

1st off, Im assuming you mean Touch Pro 2? As the Touch 2 isn't released for T-mo?
Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 2
Carrier: o2
Threadstarter

mystic_man4 is a n00b

Thanks for your quick responses.

It is definetely the HTC Touch 2. http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch2/overview.html

I want a universal firmware version. Nothing relating to any network.

Does it matter what ROM I use? I want a decent one that is very stable and has no issues.

How do I update the firmware?

Many thanks,
Dave

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2