PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Rick_M71 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo 755p to Touch Pro 2 - issues

I finally upgraded from my Treo 755p, which I had set-up where it was working well for me. I finally got lured by the attractive look of the Touch Pro 2. While I think I was more efficient with the Treo, the TP2 is definitely more fun. I'm having a few minor problems I'd love to solve - and will start with the ones most on my mind right now.

1. Every time I get a notification, the phone turns the screen on. If the phone is in my pocket, it frequently will get jostled around and I'll wind up with some application open, or worse yet, a call placed to someone I didn't want to talk to. Is there a way to lock the screen so that it will shut itself off after a few seconds if I don't unlock the screen?

2. How do you navigate a website like ppcgeeks on the TP2? If it is in landscape mode, I have found the arrow keys work okay to select the "next page" button, which is too tiny for me to click with my fingernail. I have used the stylus otherwise, but I'd rather not have to keep taking the stylus out. On the Treo 755p, it was very easy to navigate with the directional buttons.

3. Is there a way to have a good auto-correct / auto-completion program? When I'm typing text messages or emails, I'd like to not have to capitalize "I" every time. When I type "ill" I'd like it to first convert it to I'll. Same think with I'd. Whenever I type "id" it should be converted to "I'd".

That's enough to get me started.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:54 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: Treo 755p to Touch Pro 2 - issues

1. Settings | Lock
  2. Double tap the screen in Opera to zoom, from there you can tap links properly. Alternatively upgrade to Opera 9.7+ and then you can tap on links even when zoomed out
  3. Turn on the XT9 option found on the soft keyboard

Old 12-20-2009, 02:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: RIM 9630/HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO 4G/Nexus S 4G

EvanTribley is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
  1. Settings | Lock
  2. Double tap the screen in Opera to zoom, from there you can tap links properly. Alternatively upgrade to Opera 9.7+ and then you can tap on links even when zoomed out
  3. Turn on the XT9 option found on the soft keyboard
2. Use m.ppcgeeks.com for a streamlined mobile version of the forum. Still have to doubleclick to zoom to click icons though on Opera 9.5 :/

**Any views or opinions presented in these posts are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sprint. Sprint will not accept any liability in respect to any communication from these posts.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I'm curious about #3 also. Is there a way to accomplish that without using XT9? I find predictive text extremely annoying.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-20-2009, 02:39 AM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

There was the "Classic Word Completion" cab, and you can find that quite easily...but beware as it breaks keys on certain keyboards. I used it for quite a while, until I finally figured out it was that cab that broke my SYM key on my keyboard. You could give it a go and see I guess.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:40 AM

Found the Classic Word Completion cab....but beware the warning in my last post.
Attached Files
File Type: cab classic_word_completion.cab (419 Bytes, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

atomicvocabulary is just getting started

Anyone have something like this? That cab didn't work for my TP2. I am looking for auto word correction, i (change into) I, didnt (change into) didn't, cant (change into) can't

I know it exists because I had it on the Treo Pro without having to install an extra cab or change any settings
Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
There was the "Classic Word Completion" cab, and you can find that quite easily...but beware as it breaks keys on certain keyboards. I used it for quite a while, until I finally figured out it was that cab that broke my SYM key on my keyboard. You could give it a go and see I guess.
So that's what broke some of the keys on my keyboard (including the SYM key). I've been trying to figure it out for the past several days since flashing a new rom and installing a bunch of stuff. Everything's working great now that I uninstalled it. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I used to have a 755p too- LOVED that phone. I kinda miss it actually

I still haven't found a satisfactory answer to auto-correction. Using the built-in option sucks cause it replaces words that I don't want replaced, they need to make it where we can customize what gets corrected & what doesn't. I wish there was some program like the word correction thing on the old Sidekicks. You could set it up to turn any letter/symbol combination into anything you wanted. I had mine set up to turn 7 into &, and cant into can't, i into I, ;0 into , and so on. And I wish there was a way to emulate that old Palm hack for the keyboard that made the letters capitalize when you held them down long enough.

*sigh* Every day it looks more & more like I'll have to learn how to program.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

For #1, I have found Pocketshield to be a clean, unobtrusive solution. It uses the proximity sensor (the newest beta anyway) to determine if the screen should be locked, so if it is in a pocket or case, it won't turn on. In the open, it unlocks itself almost immediately. Pretty cool.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2