PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Replacement Phone

So Verizon replaced my touch pro that had a "battery issue" with a Touch pro 2. This was the third phone that they had replaced, which is why they gave me a new one. I got the TP2 and the "battery issue" seems to have gone away. Normally, they send out a return label with very specific instructions on how to return the old phone. This time I got a return label, but not packing for the phone and not instructions on sending it back. They also normally state that if you do not return the phone that they will charge you for it, there is nothing like that in the box.

Do you think Verizon will charge me if I dont send the TP back? On top of that if I activate the TP on a second line do you think that will raise some red flags?
Old 12-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Re: Verizon Replacement Phone

seems like the right thing to do would be to send it back. why would you use it if you were having problems with it? if you ended up using it, thats just plain wrong since you put up enough of a fuss to get a new phone out of the issue. you could try sending back just the phone, less battery and all accessories. i am not trying to be an a** in any way, sorry if i am coming off that way though...i just don't think its good when people do things like that.

you could always ask verizon though, but since they gave you a new phone they might not be too sympathetic. but you never know, they gave a me a new phone once after i spilled beer on mine. i told them the story, they laughed, felt bad and gave me a new phone free of charge...so its worth a shot
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Actually, I called to ask if I could purchase a new battery, and without any fuss at all they offered to send me a new phone. I was actually quit surprised. As far as not sending it back, it is nice to have a spare phone to take places that the new one might get damaged. Basically I'm wondering if Verizon is even expecting it back since there was really no mention of it in the box that they sent. The only hint would be the return label, but there are no instructions or anything else.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

If Verizon is anything like Sprint, they WILL charge you if you don't return the phone. Just call CS & ask what they want you to do. They might let you keep it, they might make you return it(most likely).

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Yea, they definitely expecting it back. It'll probably take 30-45 days for them to charge you. My guess would be $200. I never got any instructions on how to return the old phone. Just a shipping label and the white box that the refurb came in. Did they send you a refurb TP2 or a retail boxed one?
Old 12-20-2009, 06:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Yea, they definitely expecting it back. It'll probably take 30-45 days for them to charge you. My guess would be $200. I never got any instructions on how to return the old phone. Just a shipping label and the white box that the refurb came in. Did they send you a refurb TP2 or a retail boxed one?
It will take exactly 10 days for Verizon to charge him - that's their policy. Of course, if he sends it back after that date, they'll credit him, but what he really needs to do pronto is call Vzw, because trust me (and my protracted experience with them), they never forget when it's in their favor.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

SecretAgentMan is keeping up the good workSecretAgentMan is keeping up the good work

I know someone that accidentally forgot to return a phone. They were charged.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc ppc touch pro
Carrier: verison

2001z is a n00b

All you have to do is take it to your local verizon store and they will ship it out for you. I had to do the same thing once .
Old 12-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by constitutionalist View Post
It will take exactly 10 days for Verizon to charge him - that's their policy. Of course, if he sends it back after that date, they'll credit him, but what he really needs to do pronto is call Vzw, because trust me (and my protracted experience with them), they never forget when it's in their favor.
Definitely not EXACTLY 10 days, I wasn't charged for a refurb'd phone they sent me for TWO billing cycles.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks everyone! Great advice. I actually called Verizon and the lady told me that if the phone wasnt returned they would charge full retail price for the old phone. It is boxed up and ready to go.

To answer a question from above they sent me a brand new TP2 not a refurb. I think I got pretty lucky in general so it is probably best not to push it any further.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2