PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

warxhead is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wifi tethering - Mighty Mike's

Hello, I'm using verizon and everytime i set up my wifi tethering the access point doesn't show up on wifi lists. Anyone had this problem? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Wifi tethering - Mighty Mike's

Quote:
Originally Posted by warxhead View Post
Hello, I'm using verizon and everytime i set up my wifi tethering the access point doesn't show up on wifi lists. Anyone had this problem? Thanks.
you should have probably posted this in Mightmikes rom thread.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Might be a laptop problem
Old 12-18-2009, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

warxhead is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Might be a laptop problem
Not the problem at all, i've tried two different laptops and an itouch. Wifi works fine on all of them.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:58 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm assuming it's using the HTC WiFi internet sharing (aka CM XDA blah blah whatever).

Disable wifi alltogether. Soft reset your phone, start up the app again and have it start. Wait till your wifi icon has been doing the connecting animation for about 10 seconds - then go try to connect to the peer-to-peer network on another device.

That may also be another issue, the network is peer-to-peer (aka ad hoc) and some wifi software filters out ad hoc networks by default. I know my sister's iPT had to be set to show ad hoc networks before she could connect to the hotspot from my phone.

Be mindful to stop the connection on the device instead of just turning off wifi. After it's stopped and wifi turned itself off again, try connecting to a legit wifi network with your phone and disable the cell radio - try to load a page. If it doesn't load, your wifi has issues and you should try a hard reset, anyway.

Just a few guesses to try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2