PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

sarcigon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Best Custom Rom for performance on CDMA TOUCH PRO 2

What is the best custom ROM for the CDMA TOUCH PRO 2 (SPRINT, VERIZON, ETC.)?
I have tried EnergyRom (Leo)(21864), but the fact that the landscape mode doesnt work and the battery drains really fast, made me change my mind and try another build.
Now, can anyone in this forum please tell which is the best ROM that can support landscape mode and doesn't go blank when the phone rotated.??
Old 11-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s
Re: Best Custom Rom for performance on CDMA TOUCH PRO 2

it went black because the leo isn't doesn't have a hardware keyboard and therefore doesn't need to rotation of the screen. you were using manilla 2.5, look for a rom running 2.1 and you'll have your rotation. right now i'm using mightymike and i'm quite impressed with speed stability and battery life but to each their own. try a few out just make sure you look for manilla 2.1.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller

Last edited by tr0s; 11-18-2009 at 04:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:38 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcigon View Post
What is the best custom ROM for the CDMA TOUCH PRO 2 (SPRINT, VERIZON, ETC.)?
I have tried EnergyRom (Leo)(21864), but the fact that the landscape mode doesnt work and the battery drains really fast, made me change my mind and try another build.
Now, can anyone in this forum please tell which is the best ROM that can support landscape mode and doesn't go blank when the phone rotated.??
any rom using manila 2.5 will go blank in landscape because there is no manila 2.5 for a slider phone yet.
so your best bet would be any rom with manila 2.1. if you like energy, try his "photon" rom.
i'm personally digging jd's rhopazio rom at the moment
Old 11-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I have to say that if you want something that is smooth and stable then Mighty's ROM is my favorite, I've run it since the HSPL came out. I only went looking for something else because I wanted a 6.5.1 ROM.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.

Last edited by WisdomWolfX; 11-18-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

qper is keeping up the good workqper is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I have to say that if you want something that is smooth and stable that Mighty's ROM is my favorite, I've run it since the HSPL came out.
+1 Mighty all the way!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

tspnews is becoming a great contributor

I have been using NRG Photon with good results. I beleive the key is using a rom that doesn't have tf3d at all if your really looking for performance. -T
Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

mighty or ssk i tried them both and have been flashing back and forth since i cant decide /:
Old 11-18-2009, 05:56 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

These "best rom" threads are so open-ended and therefore tend to solicit subjective responses.

The previous post / explanation about why you can't get landscape means you're left trying any rom that is not using manilla 2.5 (sense ui). Try the manilla 2.1 roms out and decide which suites you best.

Different chefs often customize roms to their liking that include or exclude particular apps, settings, themes, etc. This tends to either keep you with one particular chef, or keep you away from them, but you really do have to try them out for yourself and decide for yourself. That's really what this whole site is about IMO.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I think my SSK ROMS are pretty darn nice ;c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
These "best rom" threads are so open-ended and therefore tend to solicit subjective responses.

The previous post / explanation about why you can't get landscape means you're left trying any rom that is not using manilla 2.5 (sense ui). Try the manilla 2.1 roms out and decide which suites you best.

Different chefs often customize roms to their liking that include or exclude particular apps, settings, themes, etc. This tends to either keep you with one particular chef, or keep you away from them, but you really do have to try them out for yourself and decide for yourself. That's really what this whole site is about IMO.
Exactly!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
custom roms, sprint, sprint htc touch pro2