PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, TP , TP2x2 and now EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

nutzy19 is keeping up the good worknutzy19 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XDA_UC cab?

Is there a cab availble to add the XDA UC Customizations to a rom (like Juicy's "Customize" button) that doesnt have one ? I have my folder set up but going through it and typing a SDconfig txt file is just a PITA.

BTW, Im on ENERGY 2.5 DUSK 12/16/09

Thanks in advance
Old 12-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: XDA_UC cab?

i dont believe there is, for your sd config try this tool i attached. you put your files in a folder and it builds the sdconfig text for you
Attached Files
File Type: rar SDConfig.Builder.v0.7.85.PE.rar (254.6 KB, 133 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:32 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutzy19 View Post
Is there a cab availble to add the XDA UC Customizations to a rom (like Juicy's "Customize" button) that doesnt have one ? I have my folder set up but going through it and typing a SDconfig txt file is just a PITA.

BTW, Im on ENERGY 2.5 DUSK 12/16/09

Thanks in advance
Have you tried Sashimi? It is basically the same thing with a bit more flexibility.

http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ill try that tool. The main problem is that some cabs have "extra" steps that SDConfig cant handle. XDA_UC script is able to continue the customization and execute those extra steps.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Ill try that tool. The main problem is that some cabs have "extra" steps that SDConfig cant handle. XDA_UC script is able to continue the customization and execute those extra steps.
ahh i see, some of my cabs have prompts as well, i mainly use sashimi now check the link mike posted above
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sashimi looks useful but by the time I finish the tut and writing the config , I might as well just have sat down and worked on the SDConfig.txt. How can Juicy cook such an excellent utility in his rom but we cant have a cab for those who dont like mortscript.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:50 PM
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Sashimi looks useful but by the time I finish the tut and writing the config , I might as well just have sat down and worked on the SDConfig.txt. How can Juicy cook such an excellent utility in his rom but we cant have a cab for those who dont like mortscript.
I was going to say that you can use mortscripts with SDCONFIG as well, but since you do not like it...

Sashimi will allow you to interact with the installs.

Just for the record, I use SdConfigGen to generate the SDCONFIG.TXT files for me. It is pretty easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411988

Since XDA_UC supports the SDConfig.txt method as well, it allows me to switch ROMS without too much hastle. Not everyone supports XDA_UC at this point. Writing mortscript to handle the dialogs is usually easy. The only one that has caused me pain is Opera 10 Beta 2.

Good luck...
Old 12-17-2009, 06:32 PM
VIP Duck

You could package the OEM yourself with Wince cab manager (need to pay for it).

I have never done it, but I think you can use no2chem_nueTools_nuePackageInstaller.zip from you device:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1216564840
Old 12-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

might want to ask the creator of xda_uc

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562568
and
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3611692

he seems to answer within a day

Old 12-17-2009, 09:59 PM
VIP Duck

Quote:
With Sashimi, you basically just drop stuff in folders. There are a lot of options, but if you just use the Auto folder, you will be all set.

In the auto folder, you will find:
  • CAB
  • CERT
  • EXE
  • REG
  • Root
  • Scripts
  • XML
In every folder is a DirHelp.txt file that tells you what they are for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2