PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Same hardware keyboard failure as TP1?!!

I'm getting the exact same symptoms that I had on my FIVE Touch Pro1's, anyone else seeing/seen this? I'm very, very upset, is it really gonna be like this AGAIN?!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Same hardware keyboard failure as TP1?!!

Have you used advanced config ? I had the same problem with my TP1. I stay away from that app now. There seems to be some registry setting it changes. Does a hard reset fix the problem ?
Old 12-16-2009, 02:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No it has come back on multiple ROM's, I went through it 5 times with TP1's and thought I was done exchanging phones for this ridiculous issue. It's behaving just like my TP1 did, stops working, soft reset, works for a little while, stops again, soft reset, works for a shorter amount of time. We'll see if it goes out completly soon I guess as that's what my TP1 did.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

for those of us that don't know you personally, what is the keyboard problem you speak of?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

biggienick is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
for those of us that don't know you personally, what is the keyboard problem you speak of?
I had this on my very first TP1. Regarding ONLY the Tp1, the ribbon cable that connects the screen half ot the keyboard half is not held on very tight. over time, this ribbon works itself loose. your keyboard seems to start going out and only works intermittently. it works if you close and slide open the phone a few times. later, the ribbon completely disconnects from the connectors and your keyboard stops working completely. no light up, nothing. the way to fix this is the connect the ribbon back to its connector, but that requires you to open up the phone.

I do not know how the ribbon works on the TP2. i would assume the same way. I would've thought they would've secured the cable better with this phone. it hasn't gone bad on me yet...
Old 12-16-2009, 03:04 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I've had my TP2 for 3 months now without any issues. And I've been using rhodium keyboard controller for 2 months now without issue.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I describe the symptoms so vaguely not because people here know me, but because this has happened to many many TP1 owners. @biggienick, after 5 TP1's for the same issue, i know alllllll about that ribbon cable lol, I would have thought they would have fixed this since it's so damn SIMPLE.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:08 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

also try to NOT slam the kb shut! close it softly, it helps !
Old 12-16-2009, 03:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

My phone is my baby...I don't slam anything. Nor did I on my TP1, this just...happens, and it's very irritating. Makes me wanna open it up and just glue the f#$%er on there...but i think I've voided enough warranties in my life to know better.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:24 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

did you try a kb lag fix cab? i did it just because and still no probs, had mine new since october.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2