PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic
Carrier: Sprint

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sense 2.5 people favorites or home shortcuts cab

I am feeling generous so I will cab up your favorites in the people tab or the home shortcuts in sense 2.5. This is helpful to quickly restore favorites and shortcuts after a hard reset or new flash. What I need from you is the registry. You need a registry editor for this. I used Total Commander. The registry for favorite people is found in registry\HKCU\Software\HTC\People\ Copy the FavoriteOrder folder to your Storage Card. The registry for home shortcuts is \HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILA\HOME. Copy the home folder to Storage Card. PM me or post your folder in this thread and I'll cab them up for you. After a hard reset or new flash you have to restore your contacts first using what ever program you use to restore contacts(PIM backup, Spb back up, ect.) then install the favorite people cab. Or install all programs then install home shortcuts cab. I am very busy so I can't promise how long I will do this for. This will be on a first come first serve basis.

If you have a program to create cabs you can do this by yourself. I used WinCE CAB Manager which is not free.

If this is helpful to you please hit the thanks button.

Last edited by scheel78; 12-15-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

thedoc is keeping up the good workthedoc is keeping up the good work
Re: Sense 2.5 people favorites cab

hey thanks ..but microsoft myphone..when it syncs the contacts, it automatically adds the favorites back to the favorite tab
Old 12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheel78 View Post
I am feeling generous so I will cab up your favorites in the people tab in sense 2.5. This is helpful to quickly restore favorites after a hard reset or new flash. What I need from you is the registry. You need a registry editor for this. I used Total Commander. The registry is found in registry\HKCU\Software\HTC\People\ Copy the FavoriteOrder folder to your Storage Card. PM me or post your folder in this thread and I'll cab them up for you. After a hard reset or new flash you have to restore your contacts first using what ever program you use to restore contacts(PIM backup, Spb back up, ect.) then install the favorite people cab. I am very busy so I can't promise how long I will do this for. This will be on a first come first serve basis.

If you have a program to create cabs you can do this by yourself. I used WinCE CAB Manager which is not free.

If this is helpful to you please hit the thanks button.

I'm sure many people will appreciate your helpful information! Nice find.
However, I don't recommend people post up files full of contact information. Just my thoughts on it!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I'm sure many people will appreciate your helpful information! Nice find.
However, I don't recommend people post up files full of contact information. Just my thoughts on it!
I don't think the favorites folder shows contact info. You have to have the contacts installed on your phone first then the cab organizes the info on your peoples tab. I opened the cab that I made and I couldn't find any contact info on it.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

stevecn70 is just getting started

On 2.5 your favorites information is stored in the Contacts Notes field. You can view the Notes field when you look at the contact using the WM contact viewer. When you restore your contacts, they will automatically be favorited based on the information in the Notes field. the only thing you lose is the order (which box you put the favorite in on the people tab)

Last edited by stevecn70; 12-15-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:23 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

As someone already pointed out my phone does it for you
Old 12-15-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecn70 View Post
On 2.5 your favorites information is stored in the Contacts Notes field. You can view the Notes field when you look at the contact using the WM contact viewer. When you restore your contacts, they will automatically be favorited based on the information in the Notes field. the only thing you lose is the order (which box you put the favorite in on the people tab)
I know, the cab will restore them in the right order.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
As someone already pointed out my phone does it for you
Yes if you use my phone. This is just another option to people who don't use my phone.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

activesync does it as well, everytime i flash and resync with my laptop my favorites are restored.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

stevecn70 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
activesync does it as well, everytime i flash and resync with my laptop my favorites are restored.
Any backup program that includes the contact's "Notes" field will work since that is where the info is stored. I don't know of any that don't include that field.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2