PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

DougZ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If my Boxwave screen protector was on backwards...

...would it be easy to tell?

I got one for my Sprint Touch Pro 2. During the install I decided to use latex gloves but apparently the powder on them caused a problem. And, there was a flect of dust from the manufacturing process on the adhesive side. I tried to clean it off but just made the situation worse to the point of getting ready to just throw it out and call it $12 down the drain.

I decided to wash it off with soap & water and got it very clean. It is installed now and honesly looks soo good you wouldn't know there was a screen protector on the phone unless you looked for it specifically.

The screen is just as sensitive as before the protector was installed but there is a tad bot of resistance on the screen. I'm happy right now, but, the purpose of this post, I honestly lost track of which side was which when cleaning it and drying it off. I went with the orientation I thought was correct.

If it were on backwards what would I expect to see/feel? I can swipe my thumb across the screen and leave streaks but I can easy clean it by wiping it on my pants or with the microfiber cloth. If the adhesive side was out would the screen be difficult to clean?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: If my Boxwave screen protector was on backwards...

if it was installed backwards, the screen would feel very tacky (almost the texture of a rubber ball). a good way to test is to place something over the screen (like a letter, paper, cardboard, another TP2), apply a little pressure and try to peel it off. if it lifts up at all, it is probably on backwards.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i dunno boxwave? but i would think if it was on "backwards" it would NOT stick!? sum screen protectors feel rubbery, more so than others and thats prob. wat it is?? you cant really compare w/ the stock-in the-box protector from sprint as that was smooth, and i wish i had more of those.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:27 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I'm pretty sure boxwave protectors wouldn't stay stuck if you put it on backwards. I am assuming they use static cling to adhere to the screen.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i dunno boxwave? but i would think if it was on "backwards" it would NOT stick!? sum screen protectors feel rubbery, more so than others and thats prob. wat it is?? you cant really compare w/ the stock-in the-box protector from sprint as that was smooth, and i wish i had more of those.
I have the boxwave protector for my sprint tp2 and you definately can compare w/ the stock in the box protector from sprint. It blows the stock version away. I had the stock version on my tp2 for 3 days and it had scratches on it. I've had the boxwave on for like 1 and a half months and it is scratch free.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

if it was backwards, it wouldnt stick.

i've used boxwave for some time on alot of phones, and boxwave for tp2 disappointed me. i bought the boxwave protector before i even got the phone and placed it on the phone and it started catching in the corner and became worthless and dumped it within a week. i tried the stock version and its wayyy better ... it fits exacttllyyy to the screen ... boxwave leaves a bit of space and the reason my corner got caught up. once you place the stock on good, you're alot safer than the boxwave IMO and from experience.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:46 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcole2003 View Post
I have the boxwave protector for my sprint tp2 and you definately can compare w/ the stock in the box protector from sprint. It blows the stock version away. I had the stock version on my tp2 for 3 days and it had scratches on it. I've had the boxwave on for like 1 and a half months and it is scratch free.
i was referring to the smoothness, not anything bout scratchs...yes i could see scratchs on my stock 2 but it doesnt go threw to the phone screen just stays on the protector.
IMO, the stock protector was/is the smoothest feel to it, not rubbery
Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

docprego is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anand525 View Post
if it was backwards, it wouldnt stick.

i've used boxwave for some time on alot of phones, and boxwave for tp2 disappointed me. i bought the boxwave protector before i even got the phone and placed it on the phone and it started catching in the corner and became worthless and dumped it within a week. i tried the stock version and its wayyy better ... it fits exacttllyyy to the screen ... boxwave leaves a bit of space and the reason my corner got caught up. once you place the stock on good, you're alot safer than the boxwave IMO and from experience.
I have had the stock protector on mine since day 1 and after a few weeks it is looking scratched up and generally worse for wear. BUT it fit the screen just about perfectly with only a tiny hint of lifting on the point next to the call end button.

I really like what I am hearing about the durability of the Boxwave but not so thrilled that it might not fit perfectly. Not sure what to think at this point. For anyone who has installed the Boxwave on the Sprint TP2 how would you describe the fit?

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprego View Post
I have had the stock protector on mine since day 1 and after a few weeks it is looking scratched up and generally worse for wear. BUT it fit the screen just about perfectly with only a tiny hint of lifting on the point next to the call end button.

I really like what I am hearing about the durability of the Boxwave but not so thrilled that it might not fit perfectly. Not sure what to think at this point. For anyone who has installed the Boxwave on the Sprint TP2 how would you describe the fit?

Thanks.
it fits fine on mine. and as for smoothness... i dont know what people are talking about concerning a "rubbery feel" It feels pretty smooth to me.In fact i cant really tell its on. I have the clear touch crystal version on.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

docprego is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
it fits fine on mine. and as for smoothness... i dont know what people are talking about concerning a "rubbery feel" It feels pretty smooth to me.In fact i cant really tell its on. I have the clear touch crystal version on.
Does it cover the ENTIRE screen including the 2 points on the lower left and right next to the buttons? I just received the Clarivue and immediately noticed that they ended the protector above the buttons, it does not extend down to the points.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2