PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprite Backup problem

I use both Sprite & SPB backup regularly, but starting a few days ago all of a sudden only Sprite is failing for me every single time.

I do a custom BU & at the end it says "failed to BU system settings, BU failed). It tried it probably six times in a row, restarting every time etc & it failed every time.

At that point, I ran SPB BU & that worked just fine. I know that SPB file works, because I did a restore from it this morning & the system runs perfectly.

Anybody have a clue what's going on with Sprite??

I am running Juicy R3.

~John
Old 12-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Re: Sprite Backup problem

I've seen it fail sometimes, but after nurerous tries, it completes.

See if disabling HTC sense UI helps.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 12-12-2009, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

yea, I have had it fail before but it always works the next time after a restart.

this time, that is not working for some reason

John
Old 12-12-2009, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Nobody else has had this problem?? (just my luck)

~John
Old 12-12-2009, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Nobody else has had this problem?? (just my luck)

~John
I have had the same thing happen to me on several different roms. It has even happened after it worked and restored perfectly a time before. I have also gotten an error a time or two saying it failed to restore a file SMS_Providers.dll. Odd. Anyhow, you can try changing the restore settings to "Merge" if anything is showing replace.

FYI, I have also seen putting the phone into airplane mode sometimes helps. You're not alone in the Sprite battle though!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:32 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yup, I had the same problem. I think it was due to switching cards or from the card being to full. I think once it happened at 2gb on 4gb, but a reformat fixed..

I know it sounds like I really don't know and that's cuz I don't. I just know I got it to go again.

btw, did you try the pc app?

Last edited by shaggylive; 12-12-2009 at 09:40 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2