PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 12:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can a store reflash an original rom?

curious to know if they can wipe the rom off a unit and reflash it with the stock rom?

been having issues with my tp2 and they said they reflashed the stock rom
Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: can a store reflash an original rom?

did you have a custom rom on the phone?

Old 12-12-2009, 12:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

nope, stock rom. just having issues with the device crashing.

want to know if they are blowing smoke up my ass
Old 12-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Retired Staff

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

then all they did was a hard reset...
Old 12-12-2009, 12:51 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

have you tried doing a hard reset?

edit: sorry...Yay answered my question (posted the same time..hehehe)

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 12-12-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Retired Staff

i blew smoke up someones ass once before but once it reached the browneye it just came back in my face and she didn't like it...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

I am not sure about tp2, but when i had a tp1, they did flash me to the upgraded rom in a attempt to fix my keyboard. then they replaced the phone.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

I am not sure about tp2, but when i had a tp1, they did flash me to the upgraded rom in a attempt to fix my keyboard. then they replaced the phone.
just an fyi mordy...if i dont have a shipped rom direct from htc or sprint...neither do they...all they did was a hard reset and sent the op on their merry way. you know as well as i do these techs dont know their a-hole from a gopher hole unless you point out the smell.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I asked for the manager and he said they reflashed the rom, when the rep told me all they did was hard reset it. I think they blowing smoke up my ass
Old 12-12-2009, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
just an fyi mordy...if i dont have a shipped rom direct from htc or sprint...neither do they...all they did was a hard reset and sent the op on their merry way. you know as well as i do these techs dont know their a-hole from a gopher hole unless you point out the smell.

And we are supposed to assume that you do?

FYI... Sprint techs read this site to... you don't know as much as you think.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2