PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Program to disable TF3D? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101345)

Jesse Buck 12-11-2009 08:18 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Does anyone know of a program or way to map disabling tf3d from the start menu/ programs tab? I'm looking for a shortcut instead of the normal start/settings/today/items pathway. If there was a shortcut on the start menu you could disable and enable tf3d easily for graphic intensive games like xtract, nfs, and experiment 13. I searched goog etc to no avail. I'm not very good w/ reg edits but if there was a cab or other way...thanks.

darren.wlsn1 12-11-2009 08:21 PM

Re: Program to disable TF3D?

i run all those games with manila loaded, are you stock i guess? flash to the new drivers, wont have the problem.

Jesse Buck 12-11-2009 08:30 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Could you elaborate, do I have to flash to a new rom or can I just load the drivers? Im kinda groovin on the stock rom right now (just got my tp2). What do I search for if I can just load the drivers? If not is there a shortcut workaround? Im on m.ppc right now, I will thank you properly when I get home to my laptop.

Darkness231 12-11-2009 10:20 PM

I made and tested a quick one, but I am running HTC sense

If you go to your registry and chech HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items
how is TF3D listed. i.e. mine has a Folder called HTC sense

Jesse Buck 12-11-2009 10:42 PM

can't find hkml/

Darkness231 12-11-2009 10:46 PM

It should be one of the top level directories in the registry
HLKM= Hkey_Local_Machine

Jesse Buck 12-11-2009 11:05 PM

Sorry, posted that last one while driving. I'm using file explorer, do I need a registry editor? Also, I've loaded the "new" D3D drivers to my phone from xda. Experiment 13 and Xtract work now but NFS still gives a memory error.

Jesse Buck 12-11-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse Buck (Post 1406347)

I'm not very good w/ reg edits

By this I mean a complete novice. Sorry.

Darkness231 12-11-2009 11:08 PM

Yes you need a registry editor

Jesse Buck 12-11-2009 11:13 PM

Any idea about the drivers?

Darkness231 12-11-2009 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have never got Need for speed to work. Others have, but I have not spent that much time playing with it.

As far as diabling TouchFlo. Try this cab

EDIT: I updated the files with pretty icons
EDIT: Modified scripts to single file, works with HTC Sense and TF3D

Jesse Buck 12-11-2009 11:29 PM

Installed Total Commander and still can't find HKLM.

edit: was fiddling with TC when you posted, thanks man.

BOO B) 12-11-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 1406738)
I have never got Need for speed to work. Others have, but I have not spent that much time playing with it.

As far as diabling TouchFlo. Try the first cab, if it doesnt work try the other one

I am running stock Sprint ROM with SPB Mobile Shell and have been looking for something to switch quicker. Would one of those 2 work for that also?

BOO B)

Jesse Buck 12-11-2009 11:34 PM

First one works beautifully, thanks a ton. This is great! I map all the graphic intensive games and the tf3d switcher to the start menu under All settings/Personal/Menus/Start Menu and then put the TF3D switcher on the start menu in manilla and its super easy to play any game with just the push of a few buttons. Awesome. Now if only there was a way to make the mortscript icon into a game controller icon or better yet a switch.

Darkness231 12-11-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO B) (Post 1406747)
I am running stock Sprint ROM with SPB Mobile Shell and have been looking for something to switch quicker. Would one of those 2 work for that also?

BOO B)

If running the stock ROM this first one I listed will work for a quick disable/enable of TF3D.

Which version of spb mobile shell are you using and is it installed to the device or card?

BOO B) 12-11-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 1406776)
If running the stock ROM this first one I listed will work for a quick disable/enable of TF3D.

Which version of spb mobile shell are you using and is it installed to the device or card?

I am running 3.5.1rc right now after testing 3.5.2 all day. 3.5.2 has an issue when you install a theme (mskip's,HTC Pure Style etc.) where it turns call log font black and unreadable. It is instaled to the device.

BOO B)

BOO B) 12-12-2009 12:16 AM

A big THANK YOU Darkness231. It works great for quicker switching between the 2. Again Thanks.

BOO B)

Darkness231 12-12-2009 12:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO B) (Post 1406860)
A big THANK YOU Darkness231. It works great for quicker switching between the 2. Again Thanks.

BOO B)

Give this a try.
It checks to see if mobileshell.exe is running and if it is, it then kills it and enables TF3D.
If mobile shell is not running then it runs mobile shell.
Basically it just switches between the two.

EDIT: I have updated the files with icons
EDIT: Made a newer version that should work with all language ROMS
EDIT: I have modified the scripts so that a single cab file works for both TF3D and HTC Sense

BOO B) 12-12-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 1406960)
Give this a try.
It checks to see if mobileshell.exe is running and if it is, it then kills it and enables TF3D.
It only works for TF3D and not for the HTC Sense UI. It also only works if mobile shell is installed to the device.

This is awesome! I went thru and thanked everyone of your posts in this thread. I have been looking for something like this forever. THANK YOU!!! Now to uninstall the other one cause they both have the same icon.

BOO B)

Darkness231 12-12-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO B) (Post 1406976)
This is awesome! I went thru and thanked everyone of your posts in this thread. I have been looking for something like this forever. THANK YOU!!! Now to uninstall the other one cause they both have the same icon.

BOO B)

Working on that Icon thing

BOO B) 12-12-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 1407007)
Working on that Icon thing

It does what its suppose to. Thats all that matters. Has this been around for awhile and I missed it or did you just make this?

BOO B)

Jesse Buck 12-12-2009 01:26 AM

I can't click that little Thank You button hard enough. If it gets an icon that would be killer. You did it so fast, I'm inspired.

Jesse Buck 12-12-2009 01:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I used SK Shortcut Manager and the GF framed icon pkg. to put a solar eclipse icon in place of the mortscript one. It's very fitting. For those that would like to do the same I attached the files. Thanks again.

BOO B) 12-12-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse Buck (Post 1407641)
I used SK Shortcut Manager and the GF framed icon pkg. to put a solar eclipse icon in place of the mortscript one. It's very fitting. For those that would like to do the same I attached the files. Thanks again.

Where do you put this file?

BOO B)

Jesse Buck 12-12-2009 01:15 PM

Load sksmngr.cab, extract Gf icon package to where ever you want it (I put it on root of Device to find it easily in sksmngr). Run sksmgr. Hit the little 3 period icon top right corner (...), go to /Windows/start menu/, double tap the mortscript icon and select change icon. Locate and select the extracted Gf icon pkg and it should provide you with a list of icons (it takes a while to load). Select and press Set Icon. Reset device and enjoy. I had already mapped D's TF3D switcher to start menu through all settings/personal/menus/start menu.

BOO B) 12-12-2009 01:34 PM

Sk has a 14 day trial. Is this a program I need to purchase and where? It seems very slick.

BOO B)

Darkness231 12-12-2009 03:24 PM

I have updated the files to include icons, and reposted them
For turning TouchFlo off and on
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=11

And for switching between Touch flo and shell
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=18

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO B) (Post 1407016)
Has this been around for awhile and I missed it or did you just make this?
BOO B)

I just whipped it up with mortscript and Wince. dont use mobile shell and never turn off TF3D so I never really had a need for this type of thing. I have very limited scripting knowledge, but morscript is a great tool

BOO B) 12-14-2009 07:50 PM

Darkness I have to say the icon you made is unbelievable as is the switcher. Perfect. Thank you so much.

BOO B)

rtimi 12-17-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 1406960)
Give this a try.
It only works if mobile shell is installed to the device.

EDIT: I have updated the files with icons

will this work for i910

william_fold 12-18-2009 12:41 AM

Can this be modified to switch between TF3D and titanium?

Frogger 12-18-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by william_fold (Post 1422056)

That's a good idea!

Darkness231 12-18-2009 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by william_fold (Post 1422056)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogger (Post 1422457)
That's a good idea!

Try these. Let me know if it doesn't work
EDIT: I have modified the scripts so that a single cab file works for both TF3D and HTC Sense

Darkness231 12-18-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtimi (Post 1421891)
will this work for i910

It should. Try and let me know

bartveld 12-18-2009 11:02 AM

I don't get it: I've installed the SPB MS-Sense switcher. Now I should have an icon somewhere to activate the switch, right? Can't find it anywhere.
I start out with MS and have Sense de-activated.
HTC HD2
SPB MS 2.5.2
ROM 1.48

william_fold 12-18-2009 11:24 AM

Works perfectly Darkness! Thx! I tried a couple things with mortscript and couldnt get it to work! Thx again!

I see what I did wrong, i missed a " on the "Windows Default" in my script

Darkness231 12-18-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartveld (Post 1422681)
I don't get it: I've installed the SPB MS-Sense switcher. Now I should have an icon somewhere to activate the switch, right? Can't find it anywhere.
I start out with MS and have Sense de-activated.
HTC HD2
SPB MS 2.5.2
ROM 1.48

The icon should be in the start menu under programs. Just tested it on mine and it shows up and works just fine

Darkness231 12-18-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by william_fold (Post 1422717)
Works perfectly Darkness! Thx! I tried a couple things with mortscript and couldnt get it to work! Thx again!

I see what I did wrong, i missed a " on the "Windows Default" in my script

Yeah I had a problem with the fact that windows default had quotation marks around it. This is what worked for me

Code:

TouchFLO3DEXIST =RegValueExists("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\TouchFLO 3D", "Enabled")
HTCSENSEEXIST = RegValueExists("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense", "Enabled")
Titanium = RegRead( "HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\""Windows Default""", "Enabled")

If (Titanium = 1 )
    RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\""Windows Default""", "Enabled","0")
        If (TouchFLO3DEXIST)
        RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\TouchFLO 3D", "Enabled","1")
        Endif
        If (HTCSENSEEXIST)
        RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense", "Enabled","1")
        EndIf
    RedrawToday
    Show ( "Desktop" )

Else
    If (Titanium = 0 )
        If (TouchFLO3DEXIST)
        RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\TouchFLO 3D", "Enabled","0")
        Endif
        If (HTCSENSEEXIST)
        RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense", "Enabled","0")
        EndIf
    RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\""Windows Default""", "Enabled","1")
    RedrawToday
    Show ( "Desktop" )
    Endif

william_fold 12-18-2009 11:44 AM

Damn double quotes lol thx again!

Omegakai 12-18-2009 11:48 AM

would any body know if this would work on the normal 3.5 SPB mobile shell that you would normally get for the SPB warehouse website ?

Darkness231 12-18-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omegakai (Post 1422758)
would any body know if this would work on the normal 3.5 SPB mobile shell that you would normally get for the SPB warehouse website ?

It should. All of the mobile shells should have the same file names (mobileshell.exe)