PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
File explorer hangs accessing windows folder

Could anyone help me understand why this is happening? I have stock ROM and haven't really put anything on my tp2 as far as apps is concerned. When I got my phone a few weeks back, it took a little bit for file explorer to open the Windows folder. Haven't gone in there for a while. But when I tried going in the folder again last night, it was just hanging. Even when I left it to do its thing thinking that it might just be because it was the folder which holds just about all the files....but it just had the color wheel turning. Eventually the folder opened up after a few tries and being patient with it to do it's thing. But like i said...when I got the phone, it didn't take that long for it to open the Windows folder. It still took a bit but not as long like last night and not so many tries.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

edit: btw, i have the Sprint TP2 (if that info is needed)

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 12-11-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff
Re: File explorer hangs accessing windows folder

it's like that with every windows mobile phone since the windows folder is either huge or just takes a while to access. it doesn't mean there is something wrong, it is just that way
Old 12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so it will take at least a minimum of 5 minutes? because that's how long i was waiting for each time i tried last night before turning the phone off because my the phone started hanging.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:13 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

resco explore cab is posted on site, use that, much faster or use totalcommander, its also fast.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98817 heres resco.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 12-11-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

no actually, it should NOT take 5 minutes. it usually takes a little while, but not that long. try backing up your important data & hard resetting. mine did this once, in fact it took around 10 minutes to access the windows folder. resco explorer worked, but i still had to wait for file explorer to get into the windows folder just so i could navigate out of it. annoying. i dont know why it does that, but normally it should only take up to 2 minutes to get into windows.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:43 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

resco or tc only takes me 30 sec at the most and my phones loaded.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:10 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
no actually, it should NOT take 5 minutes. it usually takes a little while, but not that long. try backing up your important data & hard resetting. mine did this once, in fact it took around 10 minutes to access the windows folder. resco explorer worked, but i still had to wait for file explorer to get into the windows folder just so i could navigate out of it. annoying. i dont know why it does that, but normally it should only take up to 2 minutes to get into windows.
hard resetting it is supposed to bring back to factory settings, right? like how the phone is set up like the first time i got it? i did that last night. backed up my contacts last night and did a hard reset. powered on the phone and voila!...all the settings I had was still in there (wallpaper, email accounts, messages, etc. etc. etc.). so don't know if the hard reset actually worked since i expected the phone to power up with touchflo active on my homescreen...or was i expecting wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
resco or tc only takes me 30 sec at the most and my phones loaded.
i'll have to try this tonight.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

If all your personal data & settings are still there after a hard reset, then no, it did not take. Try it again. Did you do it from within the settings menu or by a button combination?
Old 12-11-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
If all your personal data & settings are still there after a hard reset, then no, it did not take. Try it again. Did you do it from within the settings menu or by a button combination?
i did it using the red reset button right next to the micro sd slot. does that not do a hard reset?...hmmm...what did i reset then?....LOL
Old 12-11-2009, 07:03 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
i did it using the red reset button right next to the micro sd slot. does that not do a hard reset?...hmmm...what did i reset then?....LOL
lol, thats softreset, goto start/settings/system and "clearstorage, thats a hardreset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2